| Ancient Spear|
Class: Barbarian (Diablo III)
Required Level: 26
Skill Category: Secondary
Cost: 25 Fury
Throw a spear that pierces enemies and deals 500% damage as Physical.
Damage Type: Physical
Ancient Spear is a Secondary Barbarian skill.
Ancient Spear is one of the three ranged attacks the Barbarian has in their arsenal. It hurls a piercing spear that flies for up to 60 yards and damages all enemies in its path. It cannot bypass walls and obstacles.
- Ranseur: enemies hit are also knocked back 5 yards.
- Harpoon: all enemies hit are also pulled back to the Barbarian and Slowed by 60% for 1 second.
- Jagged Edge: damage type changes to Fire, and increases the damage to 640%.
- Boulder Toss: The Barbarian hurls a boulder, which hits the targeted location anywhere within 80 yards, bypassing enemies and most (but not all) obstacles. The impact location has a 9 yards radius, no longer pierces in line. The throw now expends all of the Barbarian's remaining Fury (minimum 25 is required for each cast, though), but in return, it deals 20% damage as Physical for every point of Fury expended. Note: effects that reduce resource costs have no effect on the draining of all remaining Fury.
- Rage Flip: all enemies hit are also thrown 10 yards behind the Barbarian and Slowed by 60% for 1 second. If there is not enough place behind the Barbarian, simply pulls enemies as close as possible.
- The Three Hundredth Spear (Legendary Spear): increases damage by 45-60%.
- Might of the Earth Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): increases damage by 5600%.
- Skular's Salvation (Legendary Bracers): increases damage of Boulder Toss rune by 100%, and by further 120-150% if it hits 5 enemies or less.
- No Escape: Ancient Spear deals 30% more damage to enemies at least 15 yards away from the Barbarian.
|This page contains obsolete content|
This article contains information that is no longer relevant to gameplay, but is kept here for informational purposes.
Originally, Ancient Spear had a cooldown, but generated Fury, and always pulled the afflicted enemy back to the Barbarian.
- The Butcher's combat skill is named Ancient Spear as well, and is animated similarly. However, The Butcher hurls a whole bunch of them at once, hitting a broad cone.