| Arcane Orb|
Required Level: 5
Skill Category: Secondary
Cost: 30 Arcane Power
Hurl an orb of pure energy that explodes on contact, dealing 435% damage as Arcane to all enemies within 15 yards.
Damage Type: Arcane
Arcane Orb hurls a massive, average-speed orb that explodes upon contact with any obstacle, hitting everything within 15 yards. Orb has a limited range (80 yards), exploding upon reaching the maximum range even if it does not hit anything.
- Obliteration: Orb flies faster, damage increases to 700%, but the explosion radius is reduced to 8 yards.
- Arcane Orbit: summons 4 lesser orbs, which circle around the Wizard instead of being hurled. Each explodes for 265% damage within 10 yards if enemy comes within 10 yards of the Wizard. Only 4 orbs can be summoned at a time, casting the spell again will replace all remaining orbs with new ones. Blast is centered on the enemy hit, not on player. Orb can only detonate one at a time, no more than one per attack period.
- Spark: damage type turns to Lightning. The orb no longer flies through foes, but is rather tossed over the battlefield, zapping enemies below (within 15 yards of itself) for 349% damage as Lightning, each enemy will be zapped once per cast. Afterwards, the orb explodes at the targeted area for 381% damage within 15 yards after 1 second, regardless of distance. Each enemy hit increases damage of the next Lightning spell by 2%, stacking up to 15 times (to a maximum of 30%), but all stacks are consumed upon the next cast of any Lightning spell, including Spark.
- Scorch: damage type turns to Fire, damage is reduced to 274%. As the orb moves, it leaves a wall of fire in its wake, which deals 734% damage as Fire over 5 seconds to everything standing in it. The orb pierces through enemies, exploding only if it hits a solid wall or reaches maximum range (which is reduced to 50 yards).
- Frozen Orb: remake of the Diablo II spell of the same name; damage type turns to Cold, orb pierces through enemies, bombards all targets within 15 yards of itself with ice bolts for 393% damage as Cold per tick as it moves, and in the end explodes for 393% damage as Cold within 15 yards. Maximum range reduced to 35 yards.
- Wizardspike (Legendary Dagger): 20-25% chance to launch a Frozen Orb on attack. This Frozen Orb benefits from enhancements of the regular Arcane Orb, if any.
- Delsere's Magnum Opus Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): casting Arcane Orb reduces the remaining cooldown of Slow Time by 2 seconds.
- Delsere's Magnum Opus Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): enemies affected by Slow Time take +2000% increased damage from Arcane Orb.
- Triumvirate (Legendary Source): casting a Signature spell (Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade or Electrocute) increases damage of Arcane Orb by 150-200% for 6 seconds, stacking up to 3 times, charges not consumed upon cast.
- Unstable Scepter (Legendary Wand): increases damage by 50-65% and explodes twice.
- Frozen Orb was added in response to numerous requests from players, who wanted to see this spell come back since Diablo II.
- Storm Crow has a chance to launch a fireball on attack. That fireball uses the same model as Arcane Orb.
- Frozen Orb is one of the abilities Shadow Clones of the Wizard can use in Realm of Terror.
- In game versions from 2.0 to 2.0.4 Frozen Orb was the most powerful spell in game, dealing quad damage within the double range because of a bug.