Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Assassin is a class introduced in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Due to the precise nature of her skills, she is generally more effective PvP than PvM. Still, using abilities such as her stacking martial arts, the Assassin can still take on large groups of monsters with fair ease.
Assassin builds generally fall under the following categories:
- Trap Assassins (Trassassins or Trapsins): Umbrella term used for Assassins that specialize in Traps.
- Martial Artists: Umbrella term used for Assassins that specialize in specific Martial Arts. Also referred to as kicksins.
- Hybrids: Term used for Assassins that work by mixing various skills from all Assassin skill trees.
A general rule for Assassin builds are to include key skills, which any player would find useful. These include:
- Burst of Speed: Increased attack speed and movement speed can help an Assassin in many situations.
- Claw Mastery: Whether you only use one or two claw-class weapons, Claw Mastery will help increase Attack Rating without spending too many points on Dexterity.
- Weapon Block: Not every Assassin build will use this skill, but for those who dual wield Claws, it gives a very good chance to block.
- Tiger Strike: Even just one point invested into this skill can help Assassins overcome stronger enemies.
Effective Assassin BuildsEdit
Visit: Monk (Assassin build)
- A Hybrid Assassin build that focuses on area of effect skills, mainly Death Sentry and Phoenix Strike, along with their synergies.
- A Martial Artist Assassin build that specializes in the elemental Martial Arts, including Phoenix Strike.
The Talon KicksinEdit
Visit: The Kicksin
- This is the build most often referred to when people talk of Kicksins. This build focuses on finishing kicks, specifically Dragon Talon and Dragon Flight.
Visit: Vampire (Assassin Build)
- A Martial Artist Assassin build, fabricated around Cobra Strike for its life/mana sucking power.
- An Assassin build with many variants, but focuses on Shadow Disciplines. Using skills such as Venom and Shadow Master or Shadow Warrior
Visit: Lightning Trapper
- A Trapsin Assassin build specializing almost completely on Lightning Traps.
Whirlwind Assassin (WWsin)Edit
- A build centered around the properties granted by the Chaos Runeword.