| Battle Rage|
Enter a rage which increases damage by
10%and Critical Hit Chance by
Battle Rage is a Tactics Barbarian skill, unlocked at level 22.
Like all Tactics skills, Battle Rage is an instant cast, and can be used at any time, including while on the move or while performing any other attack. However, unlike Threatening Shout and War Cry, it only affects the Barbarian, and costs Fury instead of generating it. To compensate for this, this skill is a passive buff to the Barbarian's offensive capabilities, as it has a powerful duration of effect even without the Inspiring Presence passive skill.
Unlike similar skills of other classes, Tactics shouts are not mutually-exclusive, and may be combined with each other.
- Marauder's Rage: increases bonus damage to15%.
- Ferocity: Increases the duration by180seconds, bringing the total duration to300seconds.
- Swords to Ploughshares: While affected by Battle Rage, all Critical Hits have up to a8%chance (based on Proc Coefficient of the attack) to force enemies to drop Health Globes.
- Into the Fray: Under Battle Rage, the Barbarian will gain1%additional Critical Hit Chance for every enemy within10yards of him/her.
- Bloodshed: Under Battle Rage, Critical Hits cause a blood explosion, dealing20%of the damage done to all other enemies within 15 yards (not including the enemy who actually has been critical hit).
- Inspiring Presence: doubles the duration and, when cast, also increases Life regeneration for the Barbarian and all allies within 100 yards by 2% of their maximum Life per second for 60 seconds.
|This page contains obsolete content|
This article contains information that is no longer relevant to gameplay, but is kept here for informational purposes.
In the days before the pre-expansion patch for Reaper of Souls, the Into the Fray rune actually provided a chance for the Barbarian's Critical Hits to generate 15 Fury, in addition to any Fury that was already generated by the hit. While it was meant to allow Barbarians a way to deal damage without having to make use of a Primary skill, it ultimately proved too powerful for game balancing reasons, especially when combined with the Wrath of the Berserker's Thrive on Chaos rune. With the aforementioned combination in effect, the Barbarian was a virtually unstoppable force. Nothing short of killing the Barbarian very quickly could put an end to their otherwise very long blood-thirsty reign over the minions of Hell.
The name of the Swords to Ploughshares rune is a reference to the Bible, Isaiah 2:3–4: And He (Lord) shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. In real world, it is a common expression for converting the military technology for civilian use.
| Primary Skills|
Bash • Cleave • Frenzy • Weapon Throw