| Bone Armor|
Class: Necromancer (Diablo III)
Required Level: 19
Skill Category: Blood and Bone
Cost: 10 Essence
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Rip bones from nearby enemies, dealing 125% damage as Physical, and create armor that reduces damage taken by 3% per enemy hit, up to a maximum of 10 enemies. Bone Armor lasts 60 seconds.
Damage Type: Physical
When activated, damages nearby enemies (30 yards radius) and, for each target, applies a stack of protection to the Necromancer, reducing all damage taken. Newer stacks do not replace the old ones and are instead added to them (only replacing them when going over the limit), each stack having a separate duration, not refreshed with further applications.
Visually, the Necromancer will be encased in a layer of bones, obscuring all the normal armor, unless Grace of Inarius full set is assembled.
Unlike other similar spells, Bone Armor is not castable on the move and interrupts casting.
- Vengeful Armaments: Increases damage to 145% as Physical.
- Dislocation: Damage type changes to Poison and enemies hit are also stunned for 2 seconds.
- Limited Immunity: reduces duration to 5 seconds and increases cooldown to 45 seconds, but activating Bone Armor also makes the Necromancer immune to all damage and Crowd Control (and frees from any) for 5 seconds. Cooldown will not start until this immunity wears off, normally allowing this skill to be used every 50 seconds.
- Harvest of Anguish: Damage type changes to Cold and Bone Armor also increases movement speed by 1% per stack.
- Thy Flesh Sustained: Bone Armor will also cost 20% of maximum Life to cast, but in return, each stack increases Life per Second by 10%.
- Scythe of the Cycle (Legendary Scythe): Secondary skills (Death Nova, Bone Spear and Skeletal Mage) deal 250-300% additional damage while Bone Armor is active but each cast reduces the remaining duration of Bone Armor by 3 seconds.
- Wisdom of Kalan (Legendary Amulet): increases the maximum number of Bone Armor stacks by 5.
- Trag'Oul's Avatar Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): Thy Flesh Sustained deals 3300% increased damage but costs twice as much Life to cast. Healing from skills is increased by 100%.
- Grace of Inarius Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): Bone Armor damage is increased by 1000%.
- Grace of Inarius Set (Set Bonus for 4 items): all Bone Armor stacks are refreshed to full duration with each application, and increases damage reduction by 2% per stack.
- Grace of Inarius Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): while active, Bone Armor also creates a Bone Tornado around the Necromancer, damaging nearby enemies by 750% damage per second as Physical (damage type changes with that of Bone Armor). Enemies hit by the Tornado take +2750% additional damage from all of the Necromancer’s abilities and minions.
- Blood for Blood: removes the Life cost of Thy Flesh Sustained rune when picking up a Health Globe, storing up to 10 charges.
- Blood is Power: every 100% of maximum Life drained by the Thy Flesh Sustained rune will reduce all remaining cooldowns by 20%.
- Rathma's Shield: for 4 seconds after casting Land of the Dead, Army of the Dead or Simulacrum, Thy Flesh Sustained rune will drain no Life on cast.
- "Thy Flesh Sustained" may be an inverse reference to Proverbs 5:11 ("And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed.")