| Bone Spirit|
Class: Necromancer (Diablo III)
Required Level: 25
Skill Category: Blood and Bone
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Launch a Bone Spirit that will seek enemies. Deals 4000% damage on impact. Recharge time is reduced by 1 second for each consumed corpse.
Damage Type: Physical
Other Stats: Charges (one charge gained every 15 seconds, up to 3 charges at a time)
It is one of the seven skills in game (along with Sentry, Overpower, Dashing Strike, Avalanche with Tectonic Rift rune, Furious Charge with Dreadnought rune, and Blood Rush with Metabolism rune) that uses Charge system, allowing multiple casts to be performed at once using accumulated charges. The charge replenishment time is reduced by cooldown reduction, and recharge time is reduced by 1 second for every corpse that's consumed through any Necromancer corpse-using skills.
As with previous incarnations of this spell, Bone Spirit homes at the target and seeks one if cast without a specific foe to pursue. The target it chooses will be highlighted by a stream of eerie green vapor coming from the Spirit. Maximum range of the Bone Spirit is virtually unlimited; however, it will disappear if it ventures too far from its master.
It can phase through other enemies and most obstacles (except solid walls) to find its target; however, passing though an unintended foe will not harm them, only the final target takes any damage. Note that Bone Spirit does count as missile, so Missile Dampening will slow it down.
- Astral Projection: Damage type is changed to Cold, and damage is increased by 15% for each enemy that Bone Spirit passes through while seeking its target.
- Panic Attack: Damage type changes to Poison, and enemies within 10 yards are feared for 2 seconds when Bone Spirit detonates.
- Poltergeist: Increases the maximum number of charges to 4.
- Unfinished Business: Damage type changes to Cold, and Bone Spirit also explodes on impact, dealing 1250% damage as Cold to all enemies within 10 yards of the target.
- Possession: Bone Spirit will cost 5% of maximum Life to cast, but will also charm the target for 10 seconds.
- Defiler Cuisses (Legendary Pants): Bone Spirit damage is increased by 75-100% for every second it is active (chasing the target).
- Trag'Oul's Avatar Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): Possession deals 3300% increased damage but costs twice as much Life to cast. Healing from skills is increased by 100%.
- Bone Prison: grants a 30% chance to trap all enemies hit in a Bone Prison, immobilizing them for 3 seconds.
- Serration: deal 1% increased damage for every 1.5 yards between the Necromancer and the target (up to 20% at 30 or more yards).
- Blood for Blood: removes the Life cost of Possession rune when picking up a Health Globe, storing up to 10 charges.
- Blood is Power: every 100% of maximum Life drained by the Possession rune will reduce all remaining cooldowns by 20%.
- Rathma's Shield: for 4 seconds after casting Land of the Dead, Army of the Dead or Simulacrum, Possession rune will drain no Life on cast.