| Bone Wall|
Class: Necromancer (Diablo II)
Required Level: 12
Skill Tree: Poison and Bone Spells
Requires: Bone Armor
Cost: 17 Mana
Creates a barrier of bone.
Damage Type: Physical
Synergies: Bone Armor, Bone Prison, Bone Spear, Teeth, Bone Spirit
This spell enables the Necromancer to call upon the remnants of the spirits of all the creatures who have ever died in the area. It accumulates their fossilized remains and summons forth from the ground a barrier of dense, fossilized bone. This spell is an effective method for keeping adversaries from reaching a Necromancer, while allowing him to attack from range or make his escape.
- Gives synergy to:
- Teeth: +15% Magic Damage per level
- Bone Armor: +15 Damage absorbed per level
- Bone Spear: +7% Magic damage per level
- Bone Prison: +8% Life per level
- Bone Spirit: +6% Magic damage per level
- Receives synergy from:
Bone Wall acts as a temporary wall, allowing the user to safely attack with ranged attacks or run away. If leveled and used correctly, this skill can last the Necromancer even into Hell difficulty.
The Hit Point numbers below are only for Normal difficulty, the life of the barrier scales up with Nightmare and Hell. Regardless, if Bone Wall is ignored, monsters will often chew through the wall's little Life quickly, and will generally give chase to the Necromancer.
The wall does not block most of the Necromancer's own missile attacks. However, in a group, this skill is of more harm than use, as for other classes it blocks both pathing and projectiles.
Mana Cost: 17
Duration: 24 seconds
- "Bonefarming" is a term given to the bug with the Necromancer pre 1.03 patch. It consisted of casting Bone Wall then running far enough away and looting what it dropped. This bug is thought to have worked by the game automatically killing off summons that were too far away from the caster but instead of killing off a Bone Wall it would only detach it from the caster, giving it the default monster stats for that area instead.