| Call of the Ancients|
Class: Barbarian (Diablo III)
Required Level: 25
Skill Category: Rage
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Summon the ancient Barbarians Talic, Korlic, and Madawc to fight alongside the Barbarian for 20 seconds. Each deals 270% damage as Physical per swing in addition to bonus abilities.
Damage Type: Physical
Other Stats: Summon
Call of the Ancients is a Rage Barbarian skill.
Summons three Ancients, the very same guardians of Arreat Summit that the players once fought in Diablo II. They can be killed (though the Ancients have the same Toughness as the Barbarian). Upon death, either by expiration or by running out of Life, they turn into golden statues again. The Ancients benefit from all stats of the Barbarian, except their attacks have a Proc Coefficient of zero, and do not award Life per Hit.
The Ancients have bonus skills (similar to those they had in the second game, but not the exact same combination), each functions as an unmodified version of the Barbarian's own skill. These skills deal the same type of damage as the Ancients' own attacks do. Their skills have small cooldowns, but are not limited by resources.
- Talic wields a sword and shield, and uses Whirlwind and Leap. His Whirlwind, however, lasts limited time, and acts passively, without animation (and, therefore, without preventing Talic from other actions).
- Korlic wields a massive polearm and uses Cleave and Furious Charge.
- Madawc dual-wields axes and uses Weapon Throw and Seismic Slam.
- The Council Rises: All damage dealt by the Ancients is imbued with Fire and is doubled to 540%. This includes all damage dealt by the Ancients' own skills.
- Duty to the Clan: The Ancients are now imbued with the element of ice. In addition, their attacks will chill foes struck, slowing their movement by 30% and inflicting a 10% additional chance to be critically struck in battle for 2 seconds upon attacked enemies. This effect does not stack.
- Ancients' Blessing: when summoned, the Ancients also heal the Barbarian for 65% of their maximum Life.
- Ancients' Fury: every time one of the Ancients deals damage, 4 Fury is granted to the Barbarian.
- Together as One: All damage dealt by the Ancients is now imbued with Lightning. In addition, all damage taken by the Barbarian is reduced by 50%. This, however, comes at the cost of the ignored damage being split evenly among the surviving Ancients.
- Immortal King's Boulder Breaker (Set Two-Handed Mighty Weapon): increases damage done by Call of the Ancients by 45-60%.
- Immortal King's Call Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): Call of the Ancients lasts until they die.
- Immortal King's Call Set (Set Bonus for 4 items): Call of the Ancients remaining cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds for every 10 Fury spent.
- Immortal King's Call Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): while both Call of the Ancients and Wrath of the Berserker are active, the Barbarian and the Ancients deal +1500% increased damage.
- Tasker and Theo (Legendary Gloves): increases the Ancients' Attack Speed by 40-50%.
- Remorseless (Legendary Mighty Weapon): 25-30% chance on casting Hammer of the Ancients to summon a random Ancient. These Ancients are on separate counter (up to 3), and do not benefit from runes and enhancements of the actual skill.
- Fury of the Ancients (Legendary Pauldrons): Call of the Ancients gains the effect of the Ancients' Fury rune, in addition to any other.
- Enforcer (Legendary Gem): increases damage by 15% (+0.3% per rank) and reduces damage taken by 90% (rank 25 bonus).
- Boon of Bul-Kathos: reduces cooldown by 30 seconds.