Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In combat, he gains greatly increased damage of melee blows, as well as following abilities:
- Frozen Pulse affix (with increased damage and reduced cooldown), summons more frequently as he loses more and more Life.
- Basic attack: single-target blow of the flanged mace.
- Slam: slower, but more powerful attack of the mace. Can be avoided by stepping away.
- Charge: identical to that of Oppressors, but with greater range.
- Frozen Bomb Storm: only used when below 50% Life. Creates a series of 9-14 mini-crystals (one by one, with a 0.3 seconds interval) that are identical to the Frozen affix crystals of elite monsters. The crystals generally spawn close to the player, but can be avoided if moving quickly enough. The number of exploding crystals does scale depending on the number of players in the game. Unlike normal Izual, Cold Snap's crystals are of exactly the same size as usual Frozen crystals (but still cannot do damage over time), and may fully intersect, and in a group of four players, they may actually keep a character permanently frozen.
- Frozen Nova: deals slight Cold damage and Freezes all enemies within 100 yards, avoidable only through use of certain skills. The duration of freezing for a hero with no control impairing effect reductions is 4-5 seconds, but ends immediately if Cold Snap hits them with a melee attack.
Having the Talisman of Aranoch equipped can make this fight very trivial, however, as this boss does not summon aid and does not (usually) limit the player in space to outrun the freezing blasts, he may be actually easier than a normal Izual fight.
- Cold Snap is a Mage spell in World of Warcraft, possibly giving name to this monster.