Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A few steps are required to enable it, and the other secret features in Hellfire.
Unlocking the Undocumented FeaturesEdit
First, you must have Hellfire installed on your machine before any of the following will work. So, having Diablo I installed is mandatory.
- Download this file (640k, zip) hosted by the Unofficial Diablo Site. It contains:
- Sierra's official Hellfire v1.01 patch (also can be downloaded directly from the Sierra site).
- The hacked hellfrui.dll you need to enable multiplayer in Hellfire v1.01.
- The command.txt file.
- Open the zip and run hf101.exe to upgrade to the Hellfire v1.01 patch.
- Extract hellfrui.dll and command.txt to your hellfire folder (C:/sierra/hellfire by default).
- The Bard, Barbarian, the Celia and Theodore quest, the Jersey's Jersey quest, and multiplayer are now enabled in your Hellfire game.
If you wish to disable any of the features enabled by the command.txt, simply delete the mention of that item in the code. For instance, if you wanted to not include the Cow quest, because it is considered silly by many people, just remove that portion from the code, turning this:
Be sure you do not change the spacing or leave an extra semicolon. These values are checked when the program initiates, so if you wish to change something, you will have to exit Hellfire, save the change, and then restart.
Either way, all the hidden features are worth a look at and the quests are fun to complete at least once.
Individual commands Edit
theoquest— teddy bear & little girl quest
cowquest— Complete Nut instead of Lester
bardtest— Bard (with Rogue's graphics)
barbariantest— Barbarian (with Warrior's graphics)
multitest— probably used in multiplayer testing; now useless, because multiplayer was removed from hellfrui.dll (you need hacked version of it)
nestart— Nest looks different (other color palette)