Required Level: 16
Skill Category: Defensive
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Consecrate the ground 20 yards around the Crusader for 10 seconds. The Crusader and their allies heal for 32185 Life per second while standing on the consecrated ground.
Damage Type: Holy
Other Stats: Can be cast on the move; Does not interrupt casting
Consecration is a Defensive Crusader skill.
The circle is formed around the Crusader, not at the cursor location, and does not follow them. The amount of Life per second gained scales with level, up to 32185 at level 70.
Healing effects of intersecting circles do not stack, but different skill rune effects from different Crusaders stack fully.
- Bathed in Light: increases the radius to 24 yards and Life per second bonus by +50% (up to 48278 at level 70).
- Bed of Nails: enemies within Consecration area also take 100% of Thorns damage per tick (normally every second).
- Aegis Purgatory: the edge of the consecrated ground is impassable for enemies, preventing them from moving in and out of the circle. Duration reduces to 5 seconds.
- Shattered Ground: also causes 115% damage as Fire per second to enemies within the circle.
- Fearful: enemies entering or standing in the circle are Feared for 3 seconds (technically, Fears all enemies within it every 0.5 seconds).
- Inviolable Faith (Legendary Flail): when casting Consecration, also casts it on every ally (that is, every other player or follower).
- Roland's Legacy Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): every cast of Sweep Attack or Shield Bash reduces remaining cooldown by 1 second.
- The icon of this skill closely resembles one of the scenes from the Diablo I cinematic intro.