The Desert Mercenaries are a group of mercenaries, led by Greiz, in the deserts of Aranoch. They were hired by Jerhyn to defend Lut Gholein since all the Palace Guards were busy fighting the demonic invasion in the palace. The desert mercenaries became the city's main protective force.
In Act II, Desert Mercenaries can be hired from Greiz with the following characteristics:
All use Jab as their attack, and also have an aura:
For Nightmare Difficulty:
The level of the auras increases as the mercenary levels. Auras from this mercenary affect all party members and minions in range.
- Vampire Gaze: Dual leech, Damage Reduction.
- Andariel's Visage: +2 To All Skills, Life Steal
- Stealskull: Increased attack speed, Dual Leech.
- Crown of Thieves: Life Steal, Fire Resistance.
- Guillaume's Face: Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike.
- Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest: Dual Leech, Resistances.
- Duress: Enhanced damage, Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, Resistances.
- Fortitude: 300% Enhanced Damage, Faster Cast Rate, Resistances.
- Chains of Honor: +2 all skills, resistances, damage bonuses.
- Treachery: +45% Increased Attack Speed
- Doom: Level 12 Holy Freeze Aura When Equipped, +2 To All Skills, Freezes Target +3.
- Pride: Level 16-20 Concentration Aura When Equipped.
- Phoenix: Level 10-15 Redemption Aura When Equipped.
- Infinity: Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped.
- Insight: Level 12-17 Meditation Aura When Equipped.
- Arioc's Needle: +4 To All Skills, Deadly Strike, Poison Damage.
- The Reaper's Toll: 33% Chance To Cast Level 1 Decrepify On Striking.
- Breath of the Dying
Per Level up:
- +10 Life
- +1.5 Strength
- +1.5 Dexterity
- +9.5 Defense
- +2 Resistances
This section tries to include all the names that a Desert Mercenary may possess. Note that these names are in no way connected to their Auras.