Class: Necromancer (Diablo III)
Required Level: 16
Skill Category: Corpses
Generate: 10 Essence per corpse
Consumes all corpses within 60 yards to restore 10 Essence per corpse.
Damage Type: Physical
Other Stats: Requires a corpse; Can be cast on the move; Does not interrupt casting
Corpses are not devoured all at once, but rather in rapid succession, roughly 3-4 per second.
- Satiated: Increases maximum Life by 2% for 2 seconds for each corpse devoured. Current Life increases proportionally; the absolute value of current Life does not decrease when maximum Life is returned to normal value.
- Ruthless: Also consumes all of the Necromancer's minions for additional 10 Essence per minion killed.
- Devouring Aura: The skill can no longer be cast, and instead becomes a passive aura that consumes all corpses within 15 yards of the Necromancer, restoring 11 Essence per corpse. The range of this effect is increased by 50% of effective gold pickup radius. The skill will show a faintly pulsing aura displaying the radius.
- Voracious: Reduces all Essence costs by 2% for each corpse consumed for 5 seconds. This effect stacks from multiple casts, up to 50 times.
- Cannibalize: Each corpse consumed also restores 3% of maximum Life.
- Requiem Cereplate (Legendary Chest Armor): Devour restores an additional 75-100% Essence and Life, and when Devour restores Essence or Life above the maximum, the excess is granted over 3 seconds instead of instantly.
- Corpsewhisper Pauldrons (Legendary Pauldrons): Corpse Lance damage is increased by 25-30% for 3 seconds for each cast of any skill that consumes a corpse, stacking up to 20 times.
- Trag'Oul's Avatar Set (Set Bonus for 4 items): while at full Life, healing from Cannibalize is added to maximum Life for 45 seconds, up to 100% additional Life.
- Trag'Oul's Avatar Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): healing from Cannibalize is increased by 100%.
- Pestilence Master's Shroud Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): each corpse consumed fires a Corpse Lance at a nearby enemy, dealing 800% damage (damage type is chosen based on the highest Elemental Damage skill bonus).
- Pestilence Master's Shroud Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): each corpse consumed grants an Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of the next Bone Spear by 3300%. Can store up to 100 charges, each cast consuming 1 charge.
- Fueled by Death: grants 3% increased movement speed for 5 seconds, stacking up to 10 times, for each Devoured corpse.
- Life from Death: each Devoured corpse has a 20% chance to create a Health Globe.
The logic behind the Necromancer's Devour skill was that though it can feel wasteful, the decision to consume all the corpses is intentional, so Devour isn't used mindlessly.
- ↑ 2017-04-07, Necromancer Influencer Summit 2017: New Information on Skills, Sets, and More. Diablo Fans, accessed on 2017-04-08