- "No one can stop Death."
- – Malthael
|Diablo III: Reaper of Souls|
|Genre(s)||Action role-playing game, hack and slash|
|Mode(s)||Singleplayer (Internet connection required), Multiplayer|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Playstation 4|
|Media||DVD, Digital download|
|Input methods||Keyboard, mouse|
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is the first expansion to Diablo III.
It was announced at Gamescom, August 21st 2013, and continues the story from Diablo III after a brief period of peace.
The game will have two versions—a standard edition for $40, and a collector's edition for $50. The latter version includes exclusive in-game content and bonus items. The game will also have a console release.
New features announced at Gamescon include:
- New class: The Crusader. Inspired by the Paladin from Diablo II, the Crusader is a Holy Warrior that fights in melee to medium range.
- New act: A fifth chapter in the Diablo III storyline will be added, taking place mainly in Westmarch.
- New antagonist: Malthael, formerly the Archangel of Wisdom, returns as the Angel of Death.
- Raised level cap and unlimited Paragon Levels: Level up to level 70 and keep leveling with the removal of the cap of Paragon levels. Paragon levels are also account wide, and give special points to distribute among your characters stats as you see fit
- Loot 2.0: Lower amount of drops, but drops are more frequently usable for your class.
- Different end-game: Introducing Nephalem Rifts, a 15-20 min random dungeon to clear for loot.
- Followers: No new followers will be introduced to the game, but existing followers will gain extra background and side-quests.
- Artisans: Transmorgification: The Mystic artisan returns with her transmorgification services. Like Followers, Artisans will likewise have their backstories expanded.
- Adventure Mode: A mode where the world itself is the player's battlefield.
Some of these features, most notably the Paragon changes and Loot 2.0, will be added pre-emptively to Diablo III via a pre-expansion patch. Blizzard has started sending out surveys to registered Diablo III users for them to rate which new features are most important to them.
Visually, Blizzard intends Reaper of Souls to have a more gothic feel than Diablo III did.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2013-10-09, Blizzard surveys Diablo 3 gamers on expansion pricing, collector's edition. Polygon, accessed on 2013-10-10
- ↑ 2013-10-17, Reaper of Souls at BlizzCon® 2013 on PC and PS4. Blizzard ENtertainment, accessed on 2013-10-21
- ↑ 2013-08-25, GamesCom 2013 interview – Josh Mosqueira talks about Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, Return of Pandemonium Fortress & Necromancers. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-09-06
- ↑ 2013-09-05, Community Commentary: Project Nephalem. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2013-09-08
- ↑ 2013-09-24, Resolution for Covetous Shen?. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2013-09-24
- ↑ 2013-10-21, Reaper of Souls at BlizzCon® 2013 on PC and PS4. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2013-10-21
- ↑ 2013-10-08, Any idea on when we are gonna see Loot2.0?. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2013-10-08
- ↑ 2013-10-18, RoS to opt a more "gothic" feel. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2013-10-21
| Core Series — Diablo • Diablo II • Lord of Destruction • Diablo III • Reaper of Souls|
Tabletop RPG — The Awakening • Diablerie • To Hell and Back • The Bloodstone Tomb
Other — Unearthed Arsenal • Hellfire • Salvation • Diablo Junior