An Eld rune is a low rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Eld runes are the second most common runes in the game, but have a few high level uses, such as the Silence rune word, and transmuting low quality weapons into normal weapons.
|Weapon|| +75% Damage To Undead|
+50 Attack Rating Against Undead
|Body armor or helm||15% Slower Stamina Drain|
|Shield||7% Increased Chance of Blocking|
Socketing an item with an Eld rune increases the item's level requirement to 11, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on any difficulty can include Eld runes.
The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop an Eld rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 2 Good treasure class has a chance to drop an Eld rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Eld runes are used in six rune words.
- Breath of the Dying 'VexHelElEldZodEth' weapon
- Faith 'OhmJahLemEld' missile weapon (ladder only)
- Passion 'DolOrtEldLem' weapon
- Principle 'RalGulEld' body armor
- Silence 'DolEldHelIstTirVex' weapon
- Voice of Reason 'LemKoElEld' sword or mace (ladder only)
Eld runes are used in two Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Eld runes to create one Tir rune.
- Transmute a low quality weapon, an Eld rune, and a chipped gem to create a normal quality weapon of the same type used.