Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Energy Armor|
Required Level: 28
Skill Category: Conjuration
Active / Passive
Cost: 25 Arcane Power
Focus energies, increasing Armor by 35% but decreasing maximum Arcane Power by 20. Lasts 10 minutes.
Damage Type: Arcane
Other Stats: Only one Armor spell can be active at a time; Does not interrupt casting; Can be cast on the move
Upon casting, Energy Armor surrounds the Wizard with a barely visible shimmering barrier of energy, boosting their Defense (not multiplicative to other modifiers), but is also the only Armor skill to impose penalties on the character, in this case, their maximum Arcane Power.
It counts as an Armor spell, and only one Armor may be active at a time.
Energy Armor is the only way (aside from Paragon) for the Wizard to permanently boost Armor, which is, most of the time, much lower than that of all resistances (however, Crystallize provides more protection when at 3 stacks). Prismatic Armor is a good way to compensate for negative effects of the Glass Cannon.
- Absorption: While Energy Armor is active, there is a chance on being hit to regain 4 Arcane Power. The more often and less poweful enemy attacks are, the lower is the chance.
- Pinpoint Barrier: Energy Armor also increases Critical Hit chance by 5% while the spell is active.
- Energy Tap: Instead of losing maximum Arcane Power, the Wizard increases it by 20.
- Force Armor: While Energy Armor is active, attacks that would deal more than 35% of maximum Life in unsaved damage to the Wizard are decreased to 35% of maximum Life instead. This has no effect on periodic damage, and cannot absorb more than 100% of maximum Life per attack in unsaved damage.
- Prismatic Armor: Energy Armor also increases all resistances by 25% while active, not multiplicative to other similar effects.
|This page contains obsolete content|
This article contains information that is no longer relevant to gameplay, but is kept here for informational purposes.
Before patch 1.0.4, Energy Armor was the most used spell in the entire game: nearly all Wizards were utilizing it. In early versions, it was partially due to the Force Armor rune having no limit of damage absorbed per hit, resulting in Wizards gathering as much Life Regeneration as possible, while retaining minimum total Life, since Force Armor was reducing any hit, no matter how powerful, to 35% of maximum Life anyway, with it healing back momentarily.