An Eth rune is a low rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Some popular rune words use Eth runes, but the value of Eth runes is limited by how frequently they drop.
|Weapon||−25% To Target Defense|
|Body armor or helm||Regenerate Mana 15%|
|Shield||Regenerate Mana 15%|
Socketing an item with an Eth rune increases the item's level requirement to 15, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on any difficulty can include Eth runes.
The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop an Eth rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 3 Good treasure class has a chance to drop an Eth rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Eth runes are used in twelve rune words.
- Bramble 'RalOhmSurEth' body armor
- Breath of the Dying 'VexHelElEldZodEth' weapon
- Fury 'JahGulEth' melee weapon
- Grief 'EthTirLoMalRal' sword or axe (ladder only)
- Holy Thunder 'EthRalOrtTal' scepter
- Malice 'IthElEth' melee weapon
- Memory 'LumIoSolEth' staff
- Obedience 'HelKoThulEthFal' polearm (ladder only)
- Rhyme 'ShaelEth' off-hand armor
- Splendor 'EthLum' off-hand armor
- Stealth 'TalEth' body armor
- Zephyr 'OrtEth' missile weapon
Eth runes are used in five Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Eth runes to create one Ith rune.
- Transmute a magic gothic shield or exceptional/elite version (ancient shield or ward), a jewel, an Eth rune, and a perfect sapphire to create a crafted Hit Power shield.
- Transmute magic light plated boots or exceptional/elite version (battle boots or mirrored boots), a jewel, an Eth rune, and a perfect ruby to create crafted Blood boots.
- Transmute a magic small shield or exceptional/elite version (round shield or luna), a jewel, an Eth rune, and a perfect amethyst to create a crafted Caster shield.
- Transmute a magic breast plate or exceptional/elite version (cuirass or great hauberk), a jewel, an Eth rune, and a perfect emerald to create a crafted Safety body armor.