In-gameEditWhen activated, summons 5 Fetishes armed with oversized knives who are autonomous minions following the Witch Doctor for 20 seconds.
Each Fetish is killable, blocks enemy pathing, and deals 180% damage as Physical on every attack. They have roughly 1/10 of the Witch Doctor's total Life, and fully benefit from their Armor and resistances, as well as Elemental Damage skill bonuses, elites damage and damage reduction, Thorns and many other stats, but not from Life per Hit (attacks have zero proc coefficient). They have average movement and attack speed.
There are other ways to summon Fetishes, even if the Witch Doctor has no Fetish Army skill, but having it is the only way to enhance them with runes.There is a hard limit of how many Fetishes can be active at a time through this skill, but the Fetish Sycophants (see the image to the right) subtype are on separate counter, have a separate limit of 15 and do not benefit from runes and most enhancements of the original Fetishes.
- Fetish Ambush: damage type changes to Cold, and enemies in the summoning area (roughly 15 yard radius) also suffer 250% damage as Cold when the skill is cast. Fetishes summoned through other means do not deal this damage.
- Devoted Following: decreases the cooldown to 90 seconds.
- Legion of Daggers: summons 3 additional Fetishes.
- Tiki Torchers: damage type changes to Fire, and also summons two Fetish Shamans who breathe fire in a cone in front of them and deal 85% damage as Fire per tick. The cones, unlike those in Diablo II, are rather short: 10 yards at most.
- Head Hunters: damage type changes to Poison, and also summons two Fetish Hunters that shoot blowdarts at enemies, dealing 130% damage as Poison.
- Zunimassa's Haunt Set (Set Bonus for 4 pieces): Fetishes summoned through Fetish Army last until they (or the Witch Doctor) die.
- Visage of Giyua (Legendary Voodoo Mask): summons a Fetish Army after killing two elite packs. An Army the Witch Doctor already has is replaced by the new one.
- Carnevil (Legendary Voodoo Mask): all Fetishes (including Sycophants) shoot an unmodified Poison Dart every time the Witch Doctor does, at the same point.
- The Dagger of Darts (Legendary Ceremonial Knife): Witch Doctor's and Fetishes' Poison Darts pierce through enemies. Works on Sycophants as well.
- The Gidbinn (Legendary Ceremonial Knife): gives a 25% chance on attack to summon a Sycophant for 30 seconds.
- Starmetal Kukri (Legendary Ceremonial Knife): reduces remaining cooldown by 1 second every time Fetishes (but not Sycophants) deal damage. Works on Sycophants as well.
- Mask of Jeram (Legendary Voodoo Mask): increases damage of Fetishes by 75%.
- Tasker and Theo (Legendary Gloves): Fetishes attack 40-50% faster.
- Jungle Fortitude: Fetishes (and the Witch Doctor) take 15% less damage.
- Fierce Loyalty: increases movement speed by 30% when not in combat if any pets are alive. Works on Sycophants as well.
- Tribal Rites: reduces cooldown by 25%.
- Fetish Sycophants: 10% chance on hitting an enemy with a damaging spell to summon an unmodified Fetish for 60 seconds.
|Witch Doctor Skills|
| Primary Skills |
Poison Dart • Corpse Spiders • Plague of Toads • Firebomb