Generate: 4 Fury
Swing for 220% damage as Physical. Each swing increases attack speed of Frenzy by 15% for 4 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times.
Like Bash, Frenzy hits a single enemy, but each damaging hit increases the attack speed (for this skill only, not for other skills), stacking up to a total bonus of 75%.
At first, Frenzy may be seen as the worst of the Barbarian's Primary skills in damage and Fury generation. However, when fully stacked, Frenzy compensates all these losses with the ability to deliver very rapid strikes, especially when Dual-Wielding. This actually works to make Frenzy the most useful of the Barbarian's Primary skills. The reason for this is twofold. Firstly, most of the game's tested and true builds have a lack of attack speed bonuses, in favor of striking their foes very harshly. This fact alone makes Frenzy an attractive skill, as the Barbarian can now worry little about their rate of attacks while retaining their vicious prowess. Secondly, when combined with a high degree of Life on Hit and possibly the Legendary Gem known as Simplicity's Strength, Frenzy grants the Barbarian the ability to heal their injuries greater than the other Primary skills would be able to do so.
- Sidearm: damage type changes to Cold, and each damaging Frenzy hit has a 25% chance to throw a piercing axe in the direction the Barbarian is facing. The axe pierces through enemies and travels up to 30-35 yards, dealing 300% damage as Cold to enemies in its path, including the primary target of Frenzy.
- Berserk: Frenzy now deals Cold damage and generates 6 Fury for the Barbarian per successful strike.
- Vanguard: while under the effect of Frenzy, the Barbarian also gains 25% movement speed, regardless of the number of stacks.
- Smite: damage type changes to Lightning, and each damaging hit of Frenzy has a 30% chance to Stun the enemy for 1.5 seconds. Visually, the Stun proc can be identified by a small lightning striking from above.
- Maniac: damage type changes to Fire, and each stack of Frenzy also increases all damage done by 2.5%, not multiplicative with other similar modifiers.
- Bastion's Revered (Legendary Two-Handed Mighty Weapon): Attack Speed buff (and Maniac damage buff) stacks up to 10 times.
- Depth Diggers (Legendary Pants): damage increases by 80-100%.
- Simplicity's Strength (Legendary Gem): increases damage by 25% (+0.5% per rank) and heals the character for 2% of maximum Life per hit (rank 25 bonus).
- The Undisputed Champion (Legendary Mighty Belt): Frenzy gains effects of all runes, elemental damage type matching that of the manually selected one.
| Primary Skills|
Bash • Cleave • Frenzy • Weapon Throw