| Frozen Orb|
Required Level: 30
Skill Tree: Cold Spells
Requires: Ice Bolt, Ice Blast, Frost Nova, Glacial Spike, Blizzard
Cost: 25 Mana
Cooldown: 1 second
A pulsating orb that shreds an area with ice bolts.
Damage Type: Cold
Synergies: Ice Bolt, Frost Nova, Glacial Spike, Ice Blast
An intimidating sight that strikes fear into the hearts of her opponents, the Frozen Orb is an awesome spectacle to behold. The Orb coalesces from the air, unleashing freezing bolts at all nearby, and wreaking havoc, seemingly at random, before bursting into a brilliant explosion of frigid destruction.
- Active Effect: A pulsating orb that shreds an area with ice bolts.
- Required Level: 30
- Prerequisites: Ice Bolt, Ice Blast, Frost Nova, Glacial Spike, Blizzard
- Gives synergy to:
- Ice Bolt: +15% Cold Damage Per Level
- Frost Nova: +10% Cold Damage Per Level
- Ice Blast: +8% Cold Damage Per Level
- Glacial Spike: +5% Cold Damage Per Level
- Receives synergy from:
- Ice Bolt: +2% Cold Damage Per Level
A very powerful spell that's effective against large groups of enemies, Frozen Orb will still deal altogether less damage than Blizzard, due to its lack of effective synergies. Still, it is the skill of choice for builds like the Meteorb Sorceress, due to its crowd control abilities.
To effectively use this skill, the sorceress should aim to stand at a distance such that the orb will explode right on top of an enemy, This will result in the enemy being hit by a lot of ice bolts, giving the sorceress a way to focus damage on an enemy with this skill. Note that generally, Frozen Orb is much less effective in narrow corridors and against single foes.
- The orb itself does damage identical to what each bolt dishes out, but at a rate of 3/sec. as it passes through an enemy.
|Damage (per bolt)||40–45||50–55||60–65||70–75||80–85||90–95||100–105||110–115||122–127||134–139||146–151|
|Damage (per bolt)||158–163||170–175||182–187||194–199||206–211||220–225||234–239||248–253||262–267|