While it provides a significant cooldown reduction for Slow Time (the affix is not re-rollable), this wand is mostly valued for being the only weapon in game capable of increasing all 4 types of Wizard Elemental Damage for skills, up to 20% at level 70.
Prior to patch 2.2.0, it could only increase Arcane skill damage, making it especially valuable to Arcane build users.
Stats (Level 50)Edit
Gesture of Orpheus
- 115.5 Damage Per Second
- 58–107 Damage
- 1.40 Attacks per Second
- +240–269 Intelligence
- Reduces the cooldown of Slow Time by 30–40%
- One of 7 Magic Properties (varies):
- +(150–184)–(180–229) Elemental Damage
- One of 4 Magic Properties (varies):
- +2 Random Magic Properties
- The description is a reference to the famous Greek myth of Orpheus, who attempted to save his beloved Eurydice from the realm of Hades using his music. While Greek myths see him only as a musician and poet, in Egyptian version of the myth Orpheus was also a sorcerer, which was possibly an inspiration for this reference.
- It is one of the few Legendary weapons in game that do not use an original model, but rather a recolored version of a regular Wand.