| Grasp of the Dead|
Class: Witch Doctor
Required Level: 2
Skill Category: Secondary
Cost: 150 Mana
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Ghoulish hands reach out from the ground, slowing enemy movement by 60% and dealing 760% damage as Physical over 8 seconds.
Damage Type: Physical
Multiple areas can be conjured if the Witch Doctor manages to keep the cooldown below 8 seconds. In that case, damage of intersecting circles does not stack.
- Unbreakable Grasp: Damage type changes to Cold, increases the Slow amount to 80% and removes Mana cost.
- Grasping Eels: Increases the damage done to 1360% over 8 seconds.
- Death Is Life: Damage type changes to Poison, and enemies who die while in the area of Grasp of the Dead have a 70% chance to summon a Zombie Dog.
- Desperate Grasp: Damage type changes to Poison, and cooldown is reduced to 4 seconds.
- Rain of Corpses: In addition to usual effect, two corpses also fall from the sky over 3 seconds. Each corpse is dropped at random enemy within 40 yards (not necessarily within the spell's area), dealing 210% damage as Physical to enemies within 5 yards of the impact points. The intersecting corpses, and corpses from different casts, may stack (unlike the spell itself).
- Deadly Rebirth (Legendary Ceremonial Knife): adds Rain of Corpses rune to any other, and increases Grasp of the Dead damage by 45-60%.
- Swamp Land Waders (Legendary Pants): Sacrifice deals 300–400% additional damage against enemies affected by Grasp of the Dead.
- Wilken's Reach (Legendary Mojo): removes cooldown and increases damage by 45-60%.
- Helltooth Harness Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): damaging enemies with Grasp of the Dead will apply Necrosis, slowing enemies by 60%, increasing their damage taken by 20% and and inflicting 1500% damage per tick for 10 seconds. Elemental Damage type is chosen from the highest skill bonus of the character.
- Helltooth Harness Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): after casting Wall of Death, gain +1400% increased damage for 15 seconds for Grasp of the Dead.
- Zunimassa's Haunt Set (Set Bonus for 6 pieces): pets deal 1500% more damage to enemies damaged by Grasp pf the Dead for 8 seconds, the effect does not stack.