Haunt an enemy with a spirit, dealing
4000%damage as Cold over
12seconds. If the enemy dies, the spirit will haunt another enemy within
Haunt does damage to whatever enemy it possesses, either until the duration ends or the enemy dies (the Witch Doctor's death stops it as well). Note that an enemy can only be affected by one Haunt at a time, but multiple enemies may be haunted at once. It may not score Critical Hits, but the damage over time increases proportionally to the Critical Hit Chance / Damage ratio. Unlike most Damage Over Time effects, Haunt has a Proc Coefficient of 1.
Jumping to another enemy does not refresh the duration: it is therefore not possible to kill a horde of enemies with a single unmodified Haunt. In addition, corpses of enemies killed by Haunt are destroyed.
- Consuming Spirit: the spirit also returns Life per second. The amount scales with level, up to 413at level 60 and2682at level 70. (unlocked at level 18).
- Resentful Spirits: releases two spirits per cast, Mana cost does not change (unlocked at level 23).
- Lingering Spirits: if there are no enemies left within 70 yards, the spirit will linger for up to 10 seconds looking for new enemies. During this time, the normal duration does not expire (unlocked at level 35).
- Grasping Spirit: also slows haunted enemies by 60%for the duration (unlocked at level 48).
- Draining Spirit: the spirit also returns 13Mana per second (unlocked at level 57).
- Sebor's Nightmare (Legendary Belt): opening Chests casts unmodified Haunt on 5 enemies within 70 yards.
- Quetzalcoatl (Legendary Voodoo Mask): halves the duration of Haunt, but doubles the damage per second.
- Band of Hollow Whispers (Legendary Ring): every 12 seconds, casts unmodified Haunt on one random enemy within 70 yards.
- Raiment of the Jade Harvester Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): Soul Harvest consumes Haunt and instantly deals remaining damage (up to 30 seconds).
- Rush of Essence: on each cast, restores 100 Mana over 10 seconds.
- Creeping Death: increases duration of Haunt to 333 seconds (with same damage per second).
|Witch Doctor Skills|
| Primary Skills |
Poison Dart • Corpse Spiders • Plague of Toads • Firebomb