Hell is the highest difficulty level, following Nightmare in Diablo 2. Although you will have the creatures with the same appearance and the same quests as in Normal and Nightmare, they will be much harder and a few might use more spells.
The complete list of the effects of hell include:
- Further increased monster levels and stats.
- Nearly all monsters have at least one Immunity and additional resistances.
- Player and Hireling resistances are reduced by an additional 60, for a total of -100.
- Death results in a loss of 10% of the experience required to reach the next level. Retrieving your corpse restores 75% of the lost experience.
- Hirelings and Summons deal 25% damage to Act bosses.
- Duration of Freezing and Chilling effects and AI-affecting curses are reduced by 3/4.
- Life and Mana Leech effects are reduced by 2/3.
- Static Field cannot reduce a monster's health below 50%.
- Many area maps are increased in size.
- Act V has additional "Guest Monsters" from other acts to increase the difficulty.
For having access to the Hell difficulty the following requirements must be met:
- If you are playing an expansion character, you must have defeated Baal at Nightmare difficulty.
- If you are playing a non-expansion character, you must have defeated Diablo at Nightmare difficulty.
- Hardcore: Male will be King and Female Queen
- Softcore: Male will be Baron and Female Baroness
If it is an expansion character, you must kill Baal in Act 5 to gain a new title.
- Hardcore: Male and Female will be Guardian
- Softcore: Male will be Patriarch and Female Matriarch
| Normal • Nightmare • Hell|