The Horadric Cache is a type of item in the Adventure Mode of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. It is given to players after completing all five bounties of an act. It contains random loot that is scaled to the level of the player at the time it was acquired. It can contain items, Blood Shards, Rift Keystone Fragments, crafting ingredients, blacksmithing plans and gems. When clicked on, the Cache will disappear, dropping its contents on the ground.
The item level of its contents are determined when it is acquired, but the item stats are not determined until the cache is opened. For example, if a level 70 Demon Hunter acquires a cache, and a level 60 Witch Doctor opens it, the loot will roll at level 70, but smart loot will roll Intelligence (the main stat of the Witch Doctor).
The items within only depend on character level at the moment the cache is obtained. It is, therefore, a very popular tactic to farm the Caches on lower difficulties where one can obtain these caches effortlessly, gaining a bunch of items along with Keystone Fragments. The difficulty is not taken into account until Torment II and higher, where the cache's chance to drop legendary items and Blood Shards increases with each difficulty. However, Torment-only legendary items (including the legendary health potions) can only drop from the cache if that cache was obtained on Torment I or above.
There are many items that can only be obtained from Horadric Caches in a specific act, although Act IV caches can only drop items from any other act.
Items from Act I are themed after King Leoric, Act II items are from vaults of the Coven, Act III items are the seven sins in form of items, and Act V items are the artifacts of the Reapers. All these items have special, sometimes irreplaceable affixes, and can drop as early as at level 12.
- Golden Gorget of Leoric (Amulet)
- Mad Monarch's Scepter (Mace)
- Pauldrons of the Skeleton King (Pauldrons)
- Ring of Royal Grandeur (Ring)
- Sanguinary Vambraces (Bracers)
- Cloak of Deception (Cloak)
- Coven's Criterion (Shield)
- Gloves of Worship (Gloves)
- Illusory Boots (Boots)
- Avarice Band (Ring)
- Boots of Disregard (Boots)
- Burst of Wrath (Two-Handed Axe)
- Envious Blade (Dagger)
- Insatiable Belt (Belt)
- Overwhelming Desire (Amulet)
- Pride's Fall (Helm)
Act IV Horadric Caches do not have any exclusive loot, but they do drop the act-specific items that can be found in any other act.
- Death's Bargain (Pants)
- Helltrapper (Hand Crossbow)
- Pandemonium Loop (Ring)
- Salvation (Crusader Shield)
- Soulsmasher (Two-Handed Mace)
|This page contains obsolete content|
This article contains information that is no longer relevant to gameplay, but is kept here for informational purposes.
Originally, Horadric Caches were given to players after completing individual bounties.
- ↑ 2013-12-05, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Bounty: Rewards Change. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-01-20
- ↑ 2014-03-18 Horadric cache "remembers" the level Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-03-19
- ↑ Nevalistis, 2014-04-17.Horadric Cache Question - Forums - Diablo III. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed 2014-04-21.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 2013-11-22, Blizzplanet | Diablo III: Reaper of Souls F&F Beta – Adventure Mode Gameplay as Crusader (Video). Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-01-01