Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Horadric Cache is a type of item in the Adventure Mode of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. It is given to players after completing all five bounties of an act. It contains random loot that is scaled to the level of the player at the time it was acquired. It can contain gold, items, Blood Shards, crafting ingredients, blacksmithing plans (guaranteed to have at least two suitable for level) and gems. When clicked on, the Cache will disappear, dropping its contents on the ground.
The item level of its contents are determined when it is acquired, but the item stats are not determined until the cache is opened. For example, if a level 70 Demon Hunter acquires a cache, and a level 60 Witch Doctor opens it, the loot will roll at level 70, but smart loot will roll stats of the Witch Doctor.
The items within depend on character level and difficulty at the moment the cache is obtained. The chances to drop and amounts of dropped legendary items, crafting materials and Blood Shards increase with each difficulty. At Torment VI, there is a guaranteed drop of a Legendary item, although it can only be one of the Cache-specific items (see below). At T9 and T10, there is a 20% and 50% chance to get two Legendary items. The chance further increases to 65%, 80% and 100% at T11, T12 and T13 respectively.
"Within their monasteries, the Horadrim amassed treasures great and small. As the order was forgotten, so were its secrets."— Horadric Cache description
There are many items that can only be obtained from Horadric Caches in a specific act, although Act IV caches can only drop items from any other act.
Items from Act I are themed after King Leoric, Act II items are from vaults of the Coven, Act III items are the seven sins in form of items from the stash of Azmodan, and Act V items are the artifacts of the Reapers. All these items have special, sometimes irreplaceable affixes, and can drop as early as at level 12.
Each Horadric Cache obtained at level 70 is also guaranteed to have the corresponding Crafting Material (last entry in each section). Drop rates depend on difficulty at which the Cache was acquired: 2 per cache (Normal-Master), 3 per cache (Torment I-VI), 4 per cache (Torment VII-IX) or 5 per cache (Torment X). At Torment XI, XII and XIII each Cache contains 6, 7 and 8 materials respectively.
If Bonus Act bounties are completed, two Caches drop, although the second Cache will have reduced chances to contain Legendary items (but still guaranteed materials, gold, and recipes).
- Golden Gorget of Leoric (Amulet)
- Mad Monarch's Scepter (Mace)
- Pauldrons of the Skeleton King (Pauldrons)
- Ring of Royal Grandeur (Ring)
- Sanguinary Vambraces (Bracers)
- Khanduran Rune (Material)
- Cloak of Deception (Cloak)
- Coven's Criterion (Shield)
- Gloves of Worship (Gloves)
- Illusory Boots (Boots)
- Caldeum Nightshade (Material)
- Avarice Band (Ring)
- Boots of Disregard (Boots)
- Burst of Wrath (Two-Handed Axe)
- Envious Blade (Dagger)
- Insatiable Belt (Belt)
- Overwhelming Desire (Amulet)
- Pride's Fall (Helm)
- Arreat War Tapestry (Material)
Act IV Horadric Caches do not have any exclusive loot, but they do drop the act-specific Legendary items that can be found in any other act.
- Corrupted Angel Flesh (Material)
- Death's Bargain (Pants)
- Helltrapper (Hand Crossbow)
- Pandemonium Loop (Ring)
- Salvation (Crusader Shield)
- Soulsmasher (Two-Handed Mace)
- Westmarch Holy Water (Material)
|This page contains obsolete content|
This article contains information that is no longer relevant to gameplay, but is kept here for informational purposes.
Originally, Horadric Caches were given to players after completing individual bounties.
- ↑ 2013-12-05, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Bounty: Rewards Change. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-01-20
- ↑ 2014-03-18 Horadric cache "remembers" the level Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-03-19
- ↑ Nevalistis, 2014-04-17.Horadric Cache Question - Forums - Diablo III. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed 2014-04-21.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 2013-11-22, Blizzplanet | Diablo III: Reaper of Souls F&F Beta – Adventure Mode Gameplay as Crusader (Video). Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-01-01