Requires: 87 Magic
Cost: 60 Mana (-3 per Spell Level, minimum 35)
Bombards the foes with Fireballs, letting none escape.
Damage Type: Fire
Immolation is a Fire spell in Diablo I: Hellfire.
Immolation is a Fire equivalent of Nova, sending out a circle of fireballs from the player. Fireball damage and speed grow with Spell Level, and damage with Character Level.
Spell functionality is exact same as those of Nova and Fireballs, and Fireballs do deal area damage on impact instead of piercing. However, their damage is reduced compared to normal Fireball, instead dealing same damage as Nova.
- Min. Damage: 5 x Rec(Spell Level, 2 + [Character Level/2])
- Max. Damage: 5·Rec(Spell Level, 15 + [Character Level/2])
- Quick Min. Damage: 5·(2 + Character Level/2) · (9/8)^Spell Level
- Quick Max. Damage: 5·(15 + Character Level/2) · (9/8)^Spell Level
- Real Damage: Rec(Spell Level, (Itt(5, Rnd) + Character Level + 5)/2)
- Total number of bolts: 92
- Speed: 16 + Spell Level
Rec stands for recursive, and Itt stands for iterated function.
Harnessing the forces of Mana and converting their energy into the form of Fire has been a skill long practiced by even the most inexperienced of magic-users. Absolute control and manipulation of the magical Fire is another matter entirely, and only the most learned of the great mages have attained such ability. Of the many spells that channel flame into the form of a weapon, the most effective, perhaps, is Immolation. Radiating outward from the caster, multitudes of Fireballs tear through the air, forming a circular swath of destruction as they explode on impact and burn any creatures in their paths.