Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An Io rune is a low-mid rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Io runes are somewhat rare, but their value tends closer to low runes, due to a lack of popular uses.
|Weapon||+10 To Vitality|
|Body armor or helm||+10 To Vitality|
|Shield||+10 To Vitality|
Socketing an item with an Io rune increases the item's level requirement to 35, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on nightmare or hell difficulty can include Io runes.
The Hellforge on nightmare or hell difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop an Io rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 1 (N) Good treasure class has a chance to drop an Io rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Io runes are used in six rune words.
- Black 'ThulIoNef' club, hammer or mace
- Delirium 'LemIstIo' helm
- Dream 'IoJahPul' helm or off-hand armor (ladder only)
- Memory 'LumIoSolEth' staff
- Pride 'ChamSurIoLo' polearm (ladder only)
- White 'DolIo' wand
Io runes are used in one Horadric Cube recipe.
- Transmute three Io runes and a flawed topaz to create one Lum rune. (single-player, open or ladder only)
- Prior to Patch 1.09, Io Runes were called Po.