Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An Ist rune is a mid rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Although Ist runes are less difficult to obtain than high runes, their magic finding attributes make them valuable enough that they can usually be traded in bulk for high runes.
|Weapon||30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items|
|Body armor or helm||25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items|
|Shield||25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items|
Socketing an item with an Ist rune increases the item's level requirement to 51, unless it was already higher.
Ist Runes grant better chances of magic find than perfect topazes, but this is offset by their relative rarity.
The Countess's extra rune drops on hell difficulty can include Ist runes.
The Hellforge on hell difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop an Ist rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 5 (N) Good treasure class has a chance to drop an Ist rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Ist runes are used in seven rune words.
- Call to Arms 'AmnRalMalIstOhm' weapon
- Chains of Honor 'DolUmBerIst' body armor
- Delirium 'LemIstIo' helm
- Eternity 'AmnBerIstSolSur' melee weapon
- Exile 'VexOhmIstDol' paladin-only item
- Infinity 'BerMalBerIst' polearm (ladder only)
- Silence 'DolEldHelIstTirVex' weapon
Ist runes are used in one Horadric Cube recipe.
- Transmute two Ist runes and a normal sapphire to create one Gul rune. (single-player, open or ladder only)