An Ith rune is a low rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Ith runes are common, but have only two popular uses, the Enigma rune word, and the crafting of Caster belts.
|Weapon||+9 To Maximum Damage|
|Body armor or helm||15% Damage Taken Goes to Mana|
|Shield||15% Damage Taken Goes to Mana|
Socketing an item with an Ith rune increases the item's level requirement to 15, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on any difficulty can include Ith runes.
The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop an Ith rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 3 Good treasure class has a chance to drop an Ith rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Ith runes are used in six rune words.
- Enigma 'JahIthBer' body armor
- Harmony 'TirIthSolKo' missile weapon (ladder only)
- Honor 'AmnElIthTirSol' melee weapon
- Malice 'IthElEth' melee weapon
- Radiance 'NefSolIth' helm
- Rain 'OrtMalIth' body armor
Ith runes are used in five Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Ith runes to create one Tal rune.
- Transmute a magic full helm or exceptional/elite version (basinet or giant conch), a jewel, an Ith rune, and a perfect sapphire to create a crafted Hit Power helm.
- Transmute a magic spiked shield or exceptional/elite version (barbed shield or blade barrier), a jewel, an Ith rune, and a perfect ruby to create a crafted Blood shield.
- Transmute a magic light belt or exceptional/elite version (sharkskin belt or vampirefang belt), a jewel, an Ith rune, and a perfect amethyst to create a crafted Caster belt.
- Transmute a magic crown or exceptional/elite version (grand crown or corona), a jewel, an Ith rune, and a perfect emerald to create a crafted Safety helm.