After talking a couple of times to him he will give the adventurer a Rune Bomb. Dropping this bomb on the alien bulb near the bridge would open the Festering Nest. Within the nest, the adventurer found one gray suit lying on the ground somewhere on level 3 and one brown suit lying on the ground somewhere on level 4. If the adventurer brings the brown suit to the Complete Nut, he will give you the Bovine Plate.
- "Moo. I said, moo. Look I'm just a cow, ok? All right, all right. I'm not really a cow. I don't normally go around like this; but, I was sitting at home minding my own business and all of a sudden these bugs & vines & bulbs & stuff started coming out of the floor... It was horrible! If only I had something normal to wear, it wouldn't be so bad. Hey! Could you go back to my place and get my suit for me? The brown one, not the gray one, that's for evening wear. I'd do it myself, but I don't want anyone seeing me like this. Here, take this, you might need it... To kill those things that have overgrown everything. You can't miss my house. It's just south of the fork in the river... You know... The one with the overgrown vegetable garden."
Before having a suit to give back:
- "What are you wasting time for? Go get my suit! And hurry! That holstein over there keeps winking at me!"
Returning the wrong suit:
- "No no no no! This is my gray suit! It's for evening wear! Formal occasions! I can't wear this. What are you, some kind of weirdo? I need the brown suit."
- "Ahh, that's much better. Whew! At last, some dignity! Are my antlers on straight? Good. Look, thanks a lot for helping me out. Here, take this as a gift; and, you know... a little fashion tip... You could use a little... You could use a new... Yknowwhatimean? The whole adventurer motif is just so... retro. Just a word of advice, eh? Ciao."
- If the player leaves and returns to town after having completed the quest, the Complete Nut will be wearing his brown suit. He can still be clicked on, but the only response he will produce is "moo."
- This quest can be said to be a product of the on-going Secret Cow Level rumors at that time. In fact, this quest may have been the forerunner of the real Secret Cow Level in Diablo II.
- Note: if a game is started before the "command.txt" file is added, the quest can still be added. The levels have already loaded though, and the suits do not show up until a new game is started.
|Diablo and Hellfire quests|
|Diablo I quests|
|Anvil of Fury • Archbishop Lazarus • Arkaine's Valor • Black Mushroom • The Butcher • Chamber of Bone • Diablo • Gharbad the Weak • Halls of the Blind • Lachdanan • Magic Rock • Ogden's Sign • Poisoned Water • Skeleton King • Warlord of Blood • Zhar the Mad|
|The Defiler • Farmer's Orchard • Grave Matters • The Jersey's Jersey • Little Girl • Na-Krul • Reconstructed Note|