Joe Shely is a senior game designer for Diablo III.
Shely played the original Diablo, and played Diablo II while in college. In the latter, he played as a Frost Sorceress, and a Necromancer. While in college, he also worked as an intern in a tech company. He spent every evening playing Diablo II. According to Shely, playing the game was instrumental in making him want to go into the games industry, and work at Blizzard Entertainment.
Shely joined Blizzard prior to 2007. He began work on Diablo III shortly after the original release. He worked on Reaper of Souls, working on monsters, bosses, systems, Adventure Mode, and Greater Rift tuning. He also worked on the monster design for Greyhollow Island.
- Captain Shely may be named in reference to him.
- Cam's Rebuttal is his favorite item. The strongest item he has obtained is an Ancient Yang's Recurve.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 2017-01-04, Developer Insights: 20 years of Diablo. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2017-01-23
- ↑ 2017-06-30, Behind The Necromancer. YouTube, accessed on 2017-07-03
- ↑ 2017-07-30, 20 YEARS OF DIABLO: AN IGN RETROSPECTIVE. IGN, accessed on 2017-07-31
- ↑ 2015-12-11, PATCH 2.4.0 PREVIEW: GREYHOLLOW ISLAND. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-12-16