Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Josh Mosqueira was the game director of Diablo III.
Mosqueira has over 15 years of experience as a pen-and-paper designer and RPG writer with over 20 titles to his credit for White Wolf, Steve Jackson Games, and Dream Pod 9. He also served in the Black Watch (Royal Highlanders of Canada) Regiment for eight years. Before arriving at Blizzard, he held positions at Ubisoft Montreal, Relic Entertainment, and Vicarious Visions. His experience as a creative director, design director, and lead designer has spanned numerous genres, including real-time strategy games, first-person shooters, and action games. His prior credits include Far Cry 3, Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, and Homeworld 2. He worked with Jay Wilson as part of the Company of Heroes team.
Mosqueira joined Blizzard Entertainment in May of 2011. In 2013, he replaced Jay Wilson as Diablo III's game director. As game director for Team 3, Mosqueira was responsible for overseeing the overall game design of the Diablo franchise, including its transition to a new platform and for a new audience. This involved maintaining the game’s creative vision, and overseeing a team of designers as they refined the game’s critically acclaimed gameplay experience. He specified the setting, protagonist, and antagonist of Reaper of Souls, wanting the two to balance out.
In December, 2014, Mosqueira and other members of Team 3 provided consultation with Bungie on the development of The Taken King, as Activision had noticed similar complaints leveled at Destiny as the original version of Diablo III.
- ↑ 2015-11-08, Diablo III RoS Patch 2.4 - Full Blizzcon 2015 Panel. YouTube, accessed on 2015-12-17
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2014-11-07, BlizzCon 2014 Press Kit
- ↑ 2016-09-05, JAY WILSON GAME DEVELOPER INTERVIEW ON BURNOUT. Blizzpro, accessed on 2016-09-07
- ↑ 2016-06-07, Former Diablo Director Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard. The Escapist, accessed on 2016-06-08
- ↑ 2013-12-05, BlizzCon 2013 – Diablo III: Gameplay Systems + Crusader Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-02-21
- ↑ 2015-10-20, The Messy, True Story Behind The Making Of Destiny. Kotaku, accessed on 2015-10-21
- ↑ 2016-07-01, Josh Mosqueira Has Left Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzpro, accessed on 2016-07-03
- ↑ 2016-09-12, JOSH MOSQUEIRA NOW PART OF NEW BONFIRE STUDIOS. Blizzpro, accessed on 2016-09-13
- ↑ 2014-11-27, BlizzCon 2014 – Diablo III: What’s Next Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-03-11