Pure at heart, during the Darkening of Tristram, the knights closely followed the teachings of the Zakarum. The knights have since become a largely secular order, more focused on defending Westmarch from physical rather than spiritual harm. They are led by a knight commander.
The Knights of Westmarch were founded after Rakkis's conquest of Westmarch, and were in service to the realm by the time King Korsikk came to the throne. In 1263, the knights defeated the forces of King Leoric of Khanduras, who had ordered an invasion of Westmarch. After Mephisto's corruption of the Zakarum Church was revealed, the knights, eager to diminish their connections with such corruption, absorbed the Order of Paladins into their ranks.
- General Torion
- Baron Blackthorne
- Commander Barbard
- Sir Aric
- Sir Lorath Nahr
- "The Paladin" (player character of Diablo II)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Paladin, The Arreat Summit. Accessed on 2014-03-07
- ↑ 2014-03-10, CRUSADER LORE AND HISTORY Q&A. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-06-30
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Diablo III, Defender of Westmarch
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 2014-03-10, THE HISTORY BEHIND THE CRUSADE. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-03-07
- ↑ Book of Tyrael
- ↑ Diablo Manual
- ↑ 2013-10-23, What if a Paladin and Crusader runs into each other?. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2013-10-23