Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"You must quiet both mind and body in order to feel the Light. Only then shall it unleash your hidden strength."— Cleric Akkhan(src)
Various mortals are capable of using the Light. Individuals associated with its usage include Paladins, Crusaders, and Templars. Some individuals are born with a natural affinity towards the Light. Usage of the Light grants mortals an array of abilities, including healing, resistance, and even share the Light's power with those around him/her via an aura. The spirits of the Light are ever vigilant, and in times of great need, have been known to aid their loyal disciples in subtle ways. Before using the powers of the Light however, a Paladin must submit to its glory.
Light can be stored in physical objects.
It is said that the concept of the Light was introduced to Sanctuary by the archangel Yaerius, who came to the ascetic Akarat. The teachings the angel imparted stressed the necessity of resisting all things evil, and embracing, with total devotion, the Light. The angel appointed Akarat to be the prophet of these new teachings, and bade him take the word to the people of all lands. Akarat's teachings of Zakara, or "inner light," eventually gave rise to the Zakarum faith. Thus, worship of the Light became the dominant religion on Sanctuary, with few corners of the world untouched by its influence. The most basic tenet of Zakarum states that the Light exists in all mortals. Akarat believed (or claimed) that the Ancients embraced the Light wholeheartedly. The "sign of the Light" can be made in the air by followers of the Zakarum faith.
- ↑ The Veiled Prophet
- ↑ Paladin, The Arreat Summit. Accessed on 2014-02-17
- ↑ 2013-09-12, Deckard Cain was the last living Horadrim. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2013-09-17
- ↑ Templar Relics, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2013-09-25
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 2014-03-10, CRUSADER LORE AND HISTORY Q&A. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-06-30
- ↑ Defensive Auras, The Arreat Summit. Accessed on 2016-10-26
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Offesnvie Auras, The Arreat Summit. Accessed on 2016-10-26
- ↑ Combat Skills, The Arreat Summit. Accessed on 2016-10-26
- ↑ The Black Road
- ↑ Diablo, Lachdanan
- ↑ Diablo, Ogden's Sign
- ↑ Diablo III, Finery
- ↑ Zakarum Zealot, The Arreat Summit. Accessed on 2013-09-27
- ↑ Book of Cain
- ↑ Book of Tyrael
- ↑ Diablo III, Fanaticism
- ↑ The Black Road
- ↑ Diablo II, Lord of Destruction
- ↑ Diablo III, Seeker of the Light Set flavor texts