| Locust Swarm|
Unleash a plague of locusts that swarms an enemy, dealing
1040%damage as Poison over
8seconds. The locusts will jump to additional nearby enemies.
The Locust Swarm creates a 20 yard-ranged cloud of green insects which affects all enemies in a narrow cone in front of the Witch Doctor. With every tick of damage, they spread to one additional enemy within 20 yards with all remaining duration. It is thus a useful skill to use against clustered enemies. Damage per second of the split swarm remains the same, therefore the total damage may be greater than 1040%. The Swarm may not roll Critical Hits, but the damage increases proportionally to Critical Hit Chance / Damage ratio.
While the Locust Swarm deals significantly less damage than Haunt, it can affect more enemies at a time.
- Pestilence: the swarm jumps to two enemies per tick instead of one (unlocked at level 27).
- Devouring Swarm: damage type changes to Cold, and regain 25Mana per second as long as the original target is still under the Locust Swarm effect (unlocked at level 33).
- Cloud of Insects: damage type changes to Physical, and doubles the duration of the swarm to deal 2080%damage over16seconds (unlocked at level 37).
- Diseased Swarm: enemies killed while under the Locust Swarm effect leave behind a cloud of locusts that deal 75% damage as Poison over 3 seconds to enemies who stand in the area (roughly 5 yard radius) (unlocked at level 42).
- Searing Locusts: damage type changes to Fire, damage increases to 1480%. (unlocked at level 59).
- Hwoj Wrap (Legendary Belt): affected enemies are also Slowed by 60-80%.
- Quetzalcoatl (Legendary Voodoo Mask): halves the duration of Locust Swarm, but doubles the damage per second.
- Raiment of the Jade Harvester Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): Soul Harvest consumes Locust Swarm and instantly deals remaining damage (up to 30 seconds).
- Creeping Death: increases duration of Locust Swarm to 333 seconds (with same damage per second). Does not stack with Cloud of Insects rune.
|Witch Doctor Skills|
| Primary Skills |
Poison Dart • Corpse Spiders • Plague of Toads • Firebomb