| Locust Swarm|
Unleash a plague of locusts that swarms an enemy, dealing
1040%damage as Poison over
8seconds. The locusts will jump to additional nearby enemies.
The Locust Swarm creates a 20 yard-ranged cloud of green insects that affects one enemy (the closest one) in a narrow cone in front of the Witch Doctor. Upon dealing one tick of damage, the locusts spread to one additional enemy within 20 yards, refreshing the duration to full on that target (but not on the old ones). Each enemy can only spread locusts to one additional enemy, and the swarm cannot jump to a target already affected by that specific cast. If there are no suitable targets in range to jump, the locusts will stop spreading.
It is thus a useful skill to use against clustered enemies. Damage per second of the split swarm remains the same, therefore the total damage may be greater than 1040%. The Swarm may not roll Critical Hits, but the damage increases proportionally to Critical Hit Chance / Damage ratio.
While the Locust Swarm deals significantly less damage than Haunt, it can affect more enemies at a time. Multiple Swarms on a single target, however, do not stack.
- Pestilence: the swarm jumps to two enemies per tick instead of one (unlocked at level 27).
- Devouring Swarm: damage type changes to Cold, and regain 25Mana per second as long as the original target (first one to be hit) is still under the Locust Swarm effect (unlocked at level 33).
- Cloud of Insects: damage type changes to Physical, and doubles the duration of the swarm to deal 2080%damage over16seconds, both on the original target and on subsequent victims (unlocked at level 37).
- Diseased Swarm: enemies killed while under the Locust Swarm effect leave behind a cloud of locusts that deal 75% damage as Poison over 3 seconds to enemies who stand in the area (roughly 5 yard radius) (unlocked at level 42).
- Searing Locusts: damage type changes to Fire, damage increases to 1480%over 8 seconds. (unlocked at level 59).
- Hwoj Wrap (Legendary Belt): affected enemies are also Slowed by 60-80%.
- Quetzalcoatl (Legendary Voodoo Mask): halves the duration of Locust Swarm, but doubles the damage per second.
- Raiment of the Jade Harvester Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): Soul Harvest consumes up to 30 seconds Locust Swarm and instantly deals the damage of that duration (up to 30 seconds).
- Wormwood (Legendary Staff): every second, casts Locust Swarm on a random nearby enemy.
- Creeping Death: increases duration of Locust Swarm to 333 seconds (with same damage per second). Does not stack with Cloud of Insects rune.
|Witch Doctor Skills|
| Primary Skills |
Poison Dart • Corpse Spiders • Plague of Toads • Firebomb