|Weapon||+10 To Energy|
|Body armor or helm||+10 To Energy|
|Shield||+10 To Energy|
Socketing an item with a Lum rune increases the item's level requirement to 37, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on hell difficulty can include Lum runes.
The Hellforge on nightmare or hell difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Lum rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 2 (N) Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Lum rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Lum runes are used in eight rune words.
- Beast 'BerTirUmMalLum' axe, scepter or hammer
- Lionheart 'HelLumFal' body armor
- Memory 'LumIoSolEth' staff
- Oath 'ShaelPulMalLum' sword, axe or mace (ladder only)
- Smoke 'NefLum' body armor
- Splendor 'EthLum' off-hand armor
- Stone 'ShaelUmPulLum' body armor
- Wrath 'PulLumBerMal' missile weapon (ladder only)
Lum runes are used in two Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Lum runes and a flawed amethyst to create one Ko rune. (single-player, open or ladder only)
- Transmute an exceptional unique weapon, a Lum rune, a Pul rune, and a perfect emerald to upgrade the unique weapon's base weapon type to its elite version. (single-player, open or ladder only)