| Magic Missile|
Required Level: 1
Skill Category: Signature Spells
Launch a missile of magic energy, dealing 230% damage as Arcane.
Damage Type: Arcane
Other Stats: Signature spells are free to cast.
Magic Missile launches a single high-speed missile that hits one target. It counts as a Signature Spell and therefore costs no Arcane Power to cast.
- Charged Blast: damage increased to 325%.
- Glacial Spike: remake of the Diablo II ability of the same name; decreases damage to 175%, changes damage type to Cold and damages all enemies within 4.5 yards of the impact point. Enemies hit by the blast are Frozen for 1 second, but each enemy cannot be frozen more than once every 5 seconds.
- Split: fires 3 missiles at once (with random 0-30 degrees split each), each hits for 80% damage.
- Seeker: damage increased to 285%, missiles become homing.
- Conflagrate: changes damage type to Fire, missiles pierce through enemies, and burn them for 130% damage as Fire over 3 seconds instead of dealing instant damage on impact. This effect stacks up to 3 times, being renewed on each application.
- Mirrorball (Legendary Source): Magic Missile fires 1-2 extra missiles (regardless of rune choice). With Split, fires a total of 4-5 missiles, 80% damage each.
- Delsere's Magnum Opus Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): casting Magic Missile reduces the remaining cooldown of Slow Time by 3 seconds.
- Delsere's Magnum Opus Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): enemies affected by Slow Time and 5 seconds afterwards take +3800% increased damage from Magic Missile.
- The Shame of Delsere (Legendary Belt): the spell is cast 50% faster and restores 9-12 Arcane Power on each cast.
- Triumvirate (Legendary Source): casting Magic Missile increases damage of Arcane Orb by 300-400% for 6 seconds, stacking up to 3 times, charges not consumed upon cast.
- Simplicity's Strength (Legendary Gem): increases damage by 25% (+0.5% per rank) and heals the character for 4% of maximum Life per hit (rank 25 bonus).
- Boyarsky's Chip (Legendary Gem): Taunts the first enemy hit for 2 seconds (rank 25 bonus).
- Prodigy: each cast restores 5 Arcane Power.
|This page contains obsolete content|
This article contains information that is no longer relevant to gameplay, but is kept here for informational purposes.
Inspiration for the spell was taken from the magic sets of Dungeons and Dragons.
The first spell of the Arcane Talent Tree, Magic Missile was introduced in the Wizard trailer and subsequently detailed on the Diablo III official website.
A straightforward skill, Magic Missile sent a bolt of purple energy at an enemy. Like most Arcane Spells, Magic Missile would silence an enemy if it strikes a critical hit. Besides the advantage of a number of other Passive Skills, Magic Missile could be powered up with Improved Magic Missile, shooting more Missiles and gaining more power with each skill point. All of these bonuses were removed later in the game.