Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Mal rune is a mid rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Mal runes are among the most valuable of mid runes, due to their use in several popular rune words, such as Call to Arms.
|Weapon||Prevent Monster Heal|
|Body armor or helm||Magic Damage Reduced By 7|
|Shield||Magic Damage Reduced By 7|
Socketing an item with a Mal rune increases the item's level requirement to 49, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on hell difficulty can include Mal runes.
The Hellforge on hell difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Mal rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 5 (N) Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Mal rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Mal runes are used in thirteen rune words.
- Beast 'BerTirUmMalLum' axe, scepter or hammer
- Brand 'JahLoMalGul' missile weapon (ladder only)
- Call to Arms 'AmnRalMalIstOhm' weapon
- Grief 'EthTirLoMalRal' sword or axe (ladder only)
- Infinity 'BerMalBerIst' polearm (ladder only)
- Kingslayer 'MalUmGulFal' sword or axe
- Last Wish 'JahMalJahSurJahBer' sword, hammer or axe (ladder only)
- Oath 'ShaelPulMalLum' sword, axe or mace (ladder only)
- Prudence 'MalTir' body armor
- Rain 'OrtMalIth' body armor
- Sanctuary 'KoKoMal' off-hand armor
- Venom 'TalDolMal' weapon
- Wrath 'PulLumBerMal' missile weapon (ladder only)
Mal runes are used in one Horadric Cube recipe.
- Transmute two Mal runes and a normal amethyst to create one Ist rune. (single-player, open or ladder only)