Man Carver is a Rift Guardian, based on The Butcher boss. He can only be encountered as a random boss in a Nephalem Rift.
In combat, he retains most of The Butcher's abilities, although all of them gain increased damage, as well as adding a bit of his own:
- Quick Smash (same as The Butcher): melee hit for average damage.
- Heavy Smash (same as The Butcher): delayed slam of the axe, deals heavy damage in a short cone. Running away to his side is advised.
- Ancient Spear (same as The Butcher): hits a broad cone in front of Man Carver for heavy Physical damage.
- Charge (same as The Butcher): highlights a straight line, and then charges in that direction, dealing high damage and Knockback.
- Sickle Grab (same as The Butcher): uses sickle to grab a distant hero and pull it into melee range, inflicting a short stun, followed by Heavy Smash.
- Mark of Fire: places a medium-size fiery rune on the ground that activates in 2 seconds and lasts 30 seconds. While active, deals high Fire damage over time to anything in it. Can have many at the same time.
- Waller: same as monster affix of the same name, places a U-shaped wall of three segments. Often followed by Sickle Grab.