|Body armor or helm||+30 Defense Vs. Missile|
|Shield||+30 Defense Vs. Missile|
Socketing an item with a Nef rune increases the item's level requirement to 13, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on any difficulty can include Nef runes.
The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Nef rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 2 Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Nef rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Nef runes are used in six rune words.
- Black 'ThulIoNef' club, hammer or mace
- Melody 'ShaelKoNef' missile weapon
- Myth 'HelAmnNef' body armor
- Nadir 'NefTir' helm
- Radiance 'NefSolIth' helm
- Smoke 'NefLum' body armor
Nef runes are used in five Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Nef runes to create one Eth rune.
- Transmute magic field plate or exceptional/elite version (sharktooth armor or kraken shell), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect sapphire to create a crafted Hit Power body armor.
- Transmute magic heavy gloves or exceptional/elite version (sharkskin gloves or vampirebone gloves), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect ruby to create a crafted Blood gloves.
- Transmute a magic mask or exceptional/elite version (death mask or demonhead), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect amethyst to create a crafted Caster helm.
- Transmute a magic kite shield or exceptional/elite version (dragon shield or monarch), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect emerald to create a crafted Safety shield.