- "See, the problem is they never should have named this place New "Tristram." We wouldn't be getting attacked all the time if we were called, oh, I don't know, New Wellington, would we?"
—Bron the Barkeep
New Tristram is a town in central Khanduras which was built near the ruins of Old Tristram. Like its predecessor, New Tristram has seen its share of misfortune. It is protected by the New Tristram Militia.
The founding date of New Tristram is unclear, but it came into being well after the darkening and destruction of the original Tristram, and the subsequent rise and defeat of the Prime Evils. Originally simply a collection of merchants looking to profit on adventurers and travelers drawn by legends of riches within the Tristram Cathedral, it slowly set down roots and became an established town. As soon as the cathedral was looted bare, however, the adventurers and travelers stopped coming, and New Tristram found itself in decline. By 1285, the town was comprised mostly of depressing shacks. When he visited it, Abd al-Hazir noted that only the town's inn looked the least bit habitable.
The Fallen StarEdit
The same year of Hazir's visit, a falling star crashed into the abandoned cathedral. This event caused the dead to stir, assaulting the town. For days on end, the militia held the Risen at bay, until the Nephalem arrived. Eventually, the town was saved, though at the cost of many lives.
- Brother Malachi the Healer
- Bron the Barkeep
- Captain Rumford
- Deckard Cain
- Mayor Holus
- Nek the Brawler
- Radek the Fence
- The Stranger
The following is a list of all known inhabitants of New Tristram, NPC or otherwise.
- Bron (barkeep, mayor elect)
- Daltyn (militia captain, deceased)
- Deckard Cain (deceased)
- Holus (former mayor)
- Leah (departed, deceased)
- Malachi (healer)
- Rumford (militia captain, deceased)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Diablo III, Act I
- ↑ Writings of Abd al-Hazir: New Tristram
- ↑ Diablo III: Storm of Light (Paperback). Book Depository, accessed on 2013-09-05
- ↑ Storm of Light
|Towns in the Diablo series|
| Dreadlands—Bastion's Keep • Harrogath • Sescheron • Staalbreak|
Kehjistan—Alcarnus • Caldeum • Gea Kul • Hashir • Kehjan • Kurast • Toraja • Tulisam • Viz-jun