Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac is a legendary ring in Diablo III. It requires character level 50 to drop. When it was reworked for Season Three (patch 2.2.0), it was a season-only drop; it now drops for all characters.
The unique affix triggers once per cast for any damaging attack that costs resource (Hatred only for Demon Hunters; spending Discipline will not trigger the affix), and randomly reduces the cooldown of one currently recharging skill by one second. This ring is extremely powerful for builds relying on long-recharging skills such as Archon, Earthquake, Wrath of the Berserker, or Akarat's Champion.
Skills that have their normal resource cost removed for any reason—whether by a skill rune, Channeling Pylon, or item bonus—will not trigger this effect. For example, Blessed Shield will not trigger a cooldown reduction if Gyrfalcon's Foote is equipped, since the item bonus removes the Wrath cost of that skill.
It is one of the few legendary items having 7 properties. Prior to Patch 2.1, it was famous for both adding all core stats at once and a guaranteed bonus to all resistances.
Stats (Level 50)Edit
Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Attack Speed Increased by 4.0–5.0%
- Critical Hit Chance Increased by 4.5–6.0%
- Reduces cooldown of all skills by 4.0–7.0%.
- Reduces all resource costs by 5–7%.
- Ignores Durability Loss
- Reduces the remaining cooldown of one of the skills by 1 second when hitting with a resource-spending attack.
- +1 Random Magic Properties