Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac is a legendary ring in Diablo III. It requires character level 50 to drop. As of patch 2.2.0, it has become a Season Three exclusive item, but since this Season ended, it drops for all characters.
The unique affix triggers once per cast for any damaging attack that costs resources (Hatred only for Demon Hunters), and randomly reduces one remaining cooldown of one of the currently recharging skills. Obviously, this ring is extremely powerful for builds relying on long-recharging skills such as Archon, Earthquake, Wrath of the Berserker or Akarat's Champion.
If a skill that normally has a resource cost loses that cost for any reason—whether by a skill rune, Channeling Pylon, or item bonus—it will not trigger this effect. For example, Blessed Shield will not trigger a cooldown reduction if Gyrfalcon's Foote is equipped, since the item bonus removes the Wrath cost of that skill.
It is one of the few legendary items having 7 properties. Prior to Patch 2.1, it was famous for both adding all core stats at once and a guaranteed bonus to all resistances.
Stats (Level 50)Edit
Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Attack Speed Increased by 4.0–5.0%
- Critical Hit Chance Increased by 4.5–6.0%
- Reduces cooldown of all skills by 4.0–7.0%.
- Reduces all resource costs by 5–7%.
- Ignores Durability Loss
- Reduces the remaining cooldown of one of the skills by 1 second when hitting with a resource-spending attack.
- +1 Random Magic Properties