An Ort rune is a low rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Ort runes are common, but useful for the Spirit rune word, and Horadric Cube recipes such as crafting Hit Power gloves and repairing and recharging weapons.
|Weapon||Adds 1–50 Lightning Damage|
|Body armor or helm||Lightning Resist 30%|
|Shield||Lightning Resist 35%|
Socketing an item with an Ort rune increases the item's level requirement to 21, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on nightmare or hell difficulty can include Ort runes.
The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop an Ort rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 4 Good treasure class has a chance to drop an Ort rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Ort runes are used in nine rune words.
- Ancient's Pledge 'RalOrtTal' off-hand armor
- Death 'HelElVexOrtGul' sword or axe (ladder only)
- Famine 'FalOhmOrtJah' axe or hammer
- Holy Thunder 'EthRalOrtTal' scepter
- Lore 'OrtSol' helm
- Passion 'DolOrtEldLem' weapon
- Rain 'OrtMalIth' body armor
- Spirit 'TalThulOrtAmn' sword or off-hand armor (ladder only)
- Zephyr 'OrtEth' missile weapon
Ort runes are used in eight Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Ort runes to create one Thul rune.
- Transmute magic chain gloves or exceptional/elite version (heavy bracers or vambraces), a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect sapphire to create crafted Hit Power gloves.
- Transmute a magic axe, a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect ruby to create a crafted Blood weapon.
- Transmute magic leather gloves or exceptional/elite version (demonhide gloves or bramble mitts), a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect amethyst to create crafted Caster gloves.
- Transmute magic greaves or exceptional/elite version (war boots or myrmidon greaves), a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect emerald to create crafted Safety boots.
- Transmute a basic rare weapon, an Ort rune, an Amn rune, and a perfect sapphire to upgrade the rare weapon's base weapon type to its exceptional version.
- Transmute a non-ethereal weapon and an Ort rune to repair the weapon's durability.
- Transmute a non-ethereal weapon, an Ort rune and a chipped gem to repair the weapon's durability and restore the weapon's skill charges.