Common Paladin buildsEdit
- Auradin: using auras to kill.
- Avenger: uses Vengeance as his main attack to add elemental damage.
- Charger: attacks well and can beat casters in one hit (most of the time).
- Cleric: focuses on healing skills
- FoHer (Fist of the Heavens): using Conviction aura and "FoH" to kill his enemies.
- Hammerdin: Teleports into the thick of the enemy and wipes out packs using the radial damage of Blessed Hammer (very good for magic finding).
- Mage: a FoHer/Hammerdin hybrid.
- Pindlesdin: Pindleskin farmer.
- Ranger: uses ranged weapons.
- Smiter: less adept at crowd control, but uses Crushing Blow to melt act bosses, uniques, and even the Ubers.
- Zealot: fast attack and capable of striking multiple enemies at once (or one enemy multiple times).
Auradins, Chargers and FoHers are mostly duelers rather than PvM (Player versus Monster). The only downside is that they need expensive gear, but they help a lot when they are on your team. Also, they can be a real help when you use them for your own adventage in duels.
The most notable ability of a Paladin is his ability to use offensive or defensive auras to either augment his allies or weaken his enemies. Although he is only able to have one activated at a time (assuming he does not use an aura-on-equip runeword to overlap auras), they can be a tide turner in many battles where vital attributes such as resistance or mana (for spellcasters) are lacking.