| Plague of Toads|
Class: Witch Doctor
Required Level: 11
Skill Category: Signature Spells
Release a handful of toads that deal 190% damage as Poison to enemies they come in contact with.
Damage Type: Poison
Other Stats: Signature spells are free to cast; Unattackable; Summon
Releases four toads that leap erratically roughly 60 yards forward (may turn aside if it encounters a piece of impassable terrain), in a cone no wider than 90 degrees. If a toad collides with an enemy, it explodes, dealing Poison damage to one victim. Toads die in 3 seconds.
- Explosive Toads: damage type changes to Fire, damage increases to 245%.
- Piercing Toads: damage type changes to Physical, damage is reduced to 130%, but toads now pierce through enemies instead of only exploding once.
- Rain of Toads: instead of usual effect, creates a rain of toads at the targeted area that deals 182% damage as Poison to enemies within 5 yards radius over 2 seconds.
- Addling Toads: each enemy hit has a 15% chance to be Confuse for 4 seconds.
- Toad Affinity: damage type changes to Cold and gain 9 Mana every time a toad hits an enemy.
- Rhen'ho Flayer (Legendary Ceremonial Knife): toads home at enemies (turning aside if necessary) and explode twice (after hitting an enemy, continue moving, but cannot hit the same target again).
- Simplicity's Strength (Legendary Gem): increases damage by 25% (+0.5% per rank) and heals the character for 4% of maximum Life per hit (rank 25 bonus).
- Boyarsky's Chip (Legendary Gem): Taunts the first enemy hit for 2 seconds (rank 25 bonus).
- Helltooth Harness Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): damaging enemies with Plague of Toads will apply Necrosis, slowing enemies by 60% and inflicting 1500% damage per tick for 10 seconds. Elemental Damage type is chosen from the highest skill bonus of the character.
- Helltooth Harness Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): after casting Wall of Death, gain +4400% increased damage for 15 seconds for Plague of Toads.
- Spirit of Arachyr Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): increases damage by 4500%.
- Vision Quest: every damaging hit increases Mana regeneration by 40% for 5 seconds, effect does not stack.
- The name of the spell is a reference to the Biblical second plague of Egypt: the incursion of frogs.