Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Prophecy of the End of Days is a prophecy compiled by Deckard Cain.
...And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost
Valor shall turn to Wrath -
and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all -as Fate lies shattered forever.
Cain has voiced some other lines of the prophecy, though not necessarily recorded them. This version is as follows:
And, at the End of Days,
the first sign shall appear in the Heavens.
Justice shall fall upon the world of men.
The armies of Light and Shadow
shall clash across the fields of eternity.
The prophecy's words each correspond to a virtue embodied by each of the archangels who are/were part of the Angiris Council, covering events before, during, and after Diablo's invasion of the High Heavens.
- "Wisdom shall be lost": Malthael departed from the Council and Heaven at large after the Worldstone's destruction.
- "Justice shall fall upon the world of men": Because most of the Angiris Council refused to protect humanity against the forces of Hell in favor of the ancient laws of the High Heavens, Tyrael chose to become mortal and literally fell from Heaven to Sanctuary as the Fallen Star.
- "Valor shall turn to Wrath": This seems to refer to Imperius Cain once voiced concern as to what would await Sanctuary if angels focused their wrath upon Sanctuary. Indeed, even three millennia after the Sin War, Imperius possesses little love for humanity, even going so far as to threaten the Nephalem as the hero sought to defeat Diablo in Heaven.
- "Hope will be swallowed by Despair." Although brief, upon the beginning of Diablo's attack on the Silver City, Auriel was captured by Rakanoth, the Lord of Despair. The Nephalem saw to her freedom by destroying Rakanoth.
- "Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all": Malthael took on the Aspect of Death. To eradicate humanity, the last "demonic" force left, he lead his Reapers against the mortal world, starting with Westmarch. Although his plan was close to being fulfilled, he was defeated by the Nephalem.
- "As Fate lies shattered forever": The final line of the prophecy is yet to come to pass. Fate is the aspect of Itherael.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Book of Cain
- ↑ Diablo III, Intro Cinematic
- ↑ Diablo III, Act I
- ↑ Diablo III: Wrath
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Diablo III, Act IV
- ↑ 2013-09-10, Malthael the bad guy... wait what?. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2013-09-11
- ↑ 2013-08-21, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Crusader Class Gameplay Demo. YouTube, accessed on 2013-09-08
- ↑ Diablo III, Act V
- ↑ 2013-08-23, Diablo III Reaper of Souls Interview with Josh Mosqueira GC2013. YouTube, accessed on 2013-09-08