A Pul rune is a mid rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Although Pul runes are somewhat rare, they have no popular rune word uses aside from Heart of the Oak. In ladder games, Pul runes have additional uses, such as upgrading unique weapons to elite versions, and transmuting into Um runes.
|Weapon||+75% Damage To Demons, +100 Attack Rating Against Demons|
|Body armor or helm||+30% Enhanced Defense|
|Shield||+30% Enhanced Defense|
Socketing an item with a Pul rune increases the item's level requirement to 45, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on hell difficulty can include Pul runes.
The Hellforge on nightmare or hell difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Pul rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 4 (N) Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Pul rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Pul runes are used in seven rune words.
- Dream 'IoJahPul' helm or off-hand armor (ladder only)
- Enlightenment 'PulRalSol' body armor
- Gloom 'FalUmPul' body armor
- Heart of the Oak 'KoVexPulThul' staff or mace
- Oath 'ShaelPulMalLum' sword, axe or mace (ladder only)
- Stone 'ShaelUmPulLum' body armor
- Wrath 'PulLumBerMal' missile weapon (ladder only)
Pul runes are used in three Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute two Pul runes and a flawed diamond to create one Um rune. (single-player, open or ladder only)
- Transmute an exceptional unique weapon, a Lum rune, a Pul rune, and a perfect emerald to upgrade the unique weapon's base weapon type to its elite version. (single-player, open or ladder only)
- Transmute an exceptional rare armor, a Ko rune, a Pul rune, and a perfect amethyst to upgrade the rare armor's base armor type to its elite version.