Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Ral rune is a low rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Ral runes are common, but useful for crafting Caster amulets, repairing and recharging armor, and other Horadric Cube recipes.
|Weapon||Adds 5–30 Fire Damage|
|Body armor or helm||Fire Resist 30%|
|Shield||Fire Resist 35%|
Socketing an item with a Ral rune increases the item's level requirement to 19, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on any difficulty can include Ral runes.
The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Ral rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 3 Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Ral rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Ral runes are used in ten rune words.
- Ancient's Pledge 'RalOrtTal' off-hand armor
- Bramble 'RalOhmSurEth' body armor
- Call to Arms 'AmnRalMalIstOhm' weapon
- Enlightenment 'PulRalSol' body armor
- Grief 'EthTirLoMalRal' sword or axe (ladder only)
- Holy Thunder 'EthRalOrtTal' scepter
- Insight 'RalTirTalSol' polearm or staff (ladder only)
- King's Grace 'AmnRalThul' sword or scepter
- Leaf 'TirRal' staff
- Principle 'RalGulEld' body armor
Ral runes are used in eleven Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Ral runes to create one Ort rune.
- Transmute magic chain boots or exceptional/elite version (mesh boots or boneweave boots), a jewel, a Ral rune, and a perfect sapphire to create crafted Hit Power boots.
- Transmute a magic helm or exceptional/elite version (casque or armet), a jewel, a Ral rune, and a perfect ruby to create a crafted Blood helm.
- Transmute a magic amulet, a jewel, a Ral rune, and a perfect amethyst to create a crafted Caster amulet.
- Transmute magic gauntlets or exceptional/elite version (war gauntlets or ogre gauntlets), a jewel, a Ral rune, and a perfect emerald to create crafted Safety gloves.
- Transmute a normal quality unsocketed weapon, a Ral rune, an Amn rune, and a perfect amethyst to add a random number of sockets to the weapon.
- Transmute a normal quality unsocketed helm, a Ral rune, a Thul rune, and a perfect sapphire to add a random number of sockets to the helm.
- Transmute a basic unique weapon, a Ral rune, a Sol rune, and a perfect emerald to upgrade the unique weapon's base weapon type to its exceptional version.
- Transmute a basic rare armor, a Ral rune, a Thul rune, and a perfect amethyst to upgrade the rare armor's base armor type to its exceptional version.
- Transmute non-ethereal armor and a Ral rune to repair the armor's durability.
- Transmute non-ethereal armor, a Ral rune and a flawed gem to repair the armor's durability and restore the armor's skill charges.