Class: Barbarian (Diablo III)
Required Level: 5
Skill Category: Secondary
Cost: 20 Fury
A sweeping strike causes all enemies within 12 yards of the Barbarian to Bleed for 1100% damage as Physical over 5 seconds.
Damage Type: Physical
Rend is a Secondary Barbarian skill.
Rend counts as a Bleed effect, delivering 220% damage per tick for 5 seconds. Critical Hits are impossible to be scored through using Rend, but it does gain additional attack power through a ratio dependent on the Barbarian's Critical Hit Chance/Damage stats.
Applying Rend multiple times to a single monster will only stack if these Rends have different runes, or come from different Barbarians, so spamming Rend quickly will not yield any damage boost. Even if the damage type is changed, Rend will still count as Bleed.
- Ravage: The Barbarian inflicts burning wounds on enemies within 17.5 yards.
- Blood Lust: The Barbarian will heal 0.5% of his/her maximum Life per tick for every enemy bleeding.
- Lacerate: Rend will now deal 270% damage as Lightning per tick (1350% total).
- Mutilate: The Barbarian unleashes an icy Rend that chills enemies foolish enough to stand nearby by 60%, also making them take 10% extra damage from all attacks for the duration.
- Bloodbath: If an enemy dies before its bleeding runs its full course, it will cause all enemies within 10 yards to suffer from bleeding as if they were hit by a normal (unmodified) Rend. The bleeding effects triggered this way will not generate new Bloodbath procs, but it does stack with the skill itself, applying as a separate damage over time effect (so the same foe may have both Rend and Bloodbath at the same time).
- Lamentation (Legendary Mighty Belt): Rend can stack twice on the same target. Only applies to damage: other effects will act as if there was only one stack.
- Wrath of the Wastes Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): increases Rend damage per second by 500% and the duration to 15 seconds.
- Wrath of the Wastes Set (Set Bonus for 4 items): while channeling Whirlwind and 3 seconds afterwards, triples damage per second of ongoing Rend effects.