Class: Necromancer (Diablo III)
Required Level: 22
Skill Category: Corpses
Targets an area, reviving up to 10 corpses within 20 yards for 15 seconds.
Damage Type: Physical
Other Stats: Requires a corpse
When cast, revives up to 10 monster corpses in a 20 yards radius area, turning them, for all purposes, into the Necromancer's minions for a short amount of time. The monsters are revived with their exact same Life, damage, abilities and attributes (except the ability to summon other monsters), and they fight for the Necromancer now.
Revived monsters are visibly different from their normal counterparts: darkened grey, and depending on monster type, they may be transformed into undead versions, provided the model exists.
When elite monsters are revived, a normal version is raised; additionally, one can't revive other players and bosses. However, Revive does affect large creatures such as Mallet Lords. The skill cannot revive allies.
Minions only function for a short period, and the number of minions the Necromancer can hold at once is limited by their short duration. Once they are killed or their duration expires, they cannot be raised again. Unless the Purgatory skill rune is chosen, they also do not leave behind corpses afterwards.
- Personal Army: Damage taken by the Necromancer is reduced by 1% for each revived minion active.
- Horrific Return: Reviving a corpse forces enemies within 20 yards to flee in fear for 3 seconds. Damage dealt is turned into Poison.
- Purgatory: Revived minions degenerate back into usable corpses (one for each Revived minion) when they are slain or expire. These corpses CAN be Revived again, or can be used for other Corpse skills.
- Recklessness: Revived minions deal an additional 25% damage with all attacks, but only last 5 seconds. Damage dealt is turned into Cold.
- Oblation: Increases the damage of revived creatures by 20%, but each Revive now costs 3% of maximum Life per corpse to cast.
- The Johnstone (Legendary Amulet): each corpse consumed in Land of the Dead grants a stack of Macabre Knowledge. Macabre Knowledge increases the damage of Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion by 150-200% while outside Land of the Dead. Can store up to 200 stacks.
- Mask of Scarlet Death (Legendary Helm): Revive consumes all corpses in the targeted area to raise a single powerful minion that does an additional 125–150% damage per corpse (compared to a single Revived monster).
- Corpsewhisper Pauldrons (Legendary Pauldrons): Corpse Lance damage is increased by 25-30% for 3 seconds for each cast of any skill that consumes a corpse, stacking up to 20 times.
- Tasker and Theo (Legendary Gloves): Revived attack 40-50% faster.
- Enforcer (Legendary Gem): increases damage by 15% (+0.3% per rank) and reduces damage taken by 90% (rank 25 bonus).
- Bones of Rathma Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): Necromancer's minions have a chance to reduce the remaining cooldown of Army of the Dead by 1 second each time they deal damage.
- Bones of Rathma Set (Set Bonus for 4 items): the Necromancer gains 1% damage reduction for 15 seconds each time their minions deal damage, stacking up to 50 times.
- Bones of Rathma Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): each active Skeletal Mage increases the damage of all minions and Army of the Dead by 625%, up to 2500%.
- Trag'Oul's Avatar Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): Oblation Revived minions deal 3300% increased damage but cost twice as much Life to summon. Healing from skills is increased by 100%.
- Pestilence Master's Shroud Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): each corpse consumed fires a Corpse Lance at a nearby enemy, dealing 800% damage (damage type is chosen based on the highest Elemental Damage skill bonus).
- Pestilence Master's Shroud Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): each corpse consumed grants an Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of the next Bone Spear by 3000%. Can store up to 100 charges, each cast consuming 1 charge.
- Jesseth Arms Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): while Skeletons are commanded to attack a target, Revived minions deal 400% increased damage.
- Extended Servitude: increases duration by 25%.
- Aberrant Animator: grants 200% of the Necromancer's Thorns.
- Stand Alone: grants 100% increased Armor. This bonus decreases by 10% (minimum 0) for each active minion.
- Fueled by Death: grants 3% increased movement speed for 5 seconds, stacking up to 10 times, for each Revived corpse.
- Life from Death: each Revived corpse has a 20% chance to create a Health Globe.
- Grisly Tribute: each attack made by Revived minions heals the Necromancer for 10% of their Life per Hit.
- Blood for Blood: removes the Life cost of Oblation rune when picking up a Health Globe, storing up to 10 charges.
- Blood is Power: every 100% of maximum Life drained by the Oblation rune will reduce all remaining cooldowns by 20%.
- Rathma's Shield: for 4 seconds after casting Land of the Dead, Army of the Dead or Simulacrum, Oblation rune will drain no Life on cast.
Revive took the most development time for all of the Necromancer's skills, as different skins had to be created for each creature type.
- ↑ 2017-05-04, Watch the Diablo 3 Necromancer Q&A and transcript – 3 May. Diablo.net, accessed on 2017-05-06
- ↑ 2017-04-07, Necromancer Influencer Summit 2017: New Information on Skills, Sets, and More. Diablo Fans, accessed on 2017-04-08